Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simms G4 BOA Boot

Currently Westminster, Co. Headed to "West Slope" next few years

Thumbs down Simms G4 BOA Boot

I like the new soles. I like the BOA system. I generally like Simms products. But these are awful. The most uncomfortable footwear I have ever worn. Not just wading boots, any footware. They are built like ski boots. Just walking around the fly shop floor for a minute was PAINFUL. They dug into my ankles BAD. Simms needs to put the new G4 sole on the Rivertek. Very disappointed.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simms G4 BOA Boot

That's a shame to hear, I got a pair a few weeks back. Besides I sort of think they are ugly, very Napoleon Dynamite moon boot like.

I put 3 miles on them the first day out and they were very comfortable.
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

You didn't say much about the BOA system as Simms applied it on this particular style of boot.How did you like it ? My current boots are Korkers, so I can't say much about Simms, but I really like BOA's lacing systems.
    " I'm just a cook " Casey Ryback, Under Siege

ditto seige, I absolutely love the Boa system on my Cabela's boots. Man it's nice to spend seconds rather than minutes fooling with wading boot laces. Now I just need to figure out how to make rubber soles last longer than a season...

5. Default Re: Simms G4 BOA Boot

I think the BOA system is fantastic. I do not miss regular laces one bit

Blog Entries

Update to my post in this , the G4's just got ousted and replaced with G3 with regular tread. The G4 are massively wide and with the BOA just couldn't tighten them up

G4 size 12 way to big
    G3 size 12 just right

The G4 are now exclusively winter , thick wool socks boots

PS I broke a boa lace once, easy to change them if you're sitting in front of you tube.
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

I have the rivertek boa and Although it's a super comfy boot. the boas seem to get loose fairly quickly. Kinda a pain in the butt.

Had the same review with the boas with coming loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I bought the G4 boot this past winter from Jimmies All Season Anglers in Idaho Falls, ID. When I was there the owner told me to wear the boats around the house to break them in, of course I didn't listen to that advice and lived to regret it. Initially, they made my ankles very sore after a day of fishing and the next day it was worse. But, now they are very comfortable, I agree they are very wide, but that fits my foot perfectly. Plus I like a boot that is slightly on the large size so my toes aren't being pinched and causing my feet to get cold in the winter. I kind of like the BOA system (not totally sold on it), initially I didn't care for the system as it is very hard to tighten the lower portion of the boot. However, after several attempts I have found that if you tighten the BOA system, then flex your lower leg forward with the boot on the ground, then retighten the BOA system. Repeat this process 3-4 times and you can get the lower portion of the boot where it isn't feeling totally loose.
    I love the stability of the boot when wading, but I agree, this isn't a boot that you would want if you are into doing a lot of hiking.
    Larry

Blog Entries

A question on boot soles. Do they all wear quickly? I have a pair I use weekly or more and they seem to be wearing rather badly on the toe and heels. I don't hike in them other then a few streams I visit but we have some rough streambeds in Missouri, more like chunk rock then bedrock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast