orvis trout bum 1 weight

jmwalker

Reaction score
just purchased a trout bum 1 wt. What an awesome rod. Perfect for panfish and I am anxoius to try on trout.

jose

Reaction score
I have an Orvis 2 weight and I like that little rod, but it's a little soft for me, and I'm not a real stiff rod fan either. I bought it used and it's an older model. I've been thinking of trying out that trout bum to compare it to my 2 weight. Thanks for posting. More reason for me to go out and field test that rod.

jmwalker

Reaction score
I outfitted this rod with the orvis CFO reel and their wf 1 weight wonderline
and it is a great setup. I caught 30 1lb plus hybrid bluegills in a friends pond and it performed great and seemed to have plenty of backbone for casting as well as playing these rather large panfish.

cj528x

Reaction score
I have a orvis superfine trout bum in a 7'6" 3 weight. Its a nice spring creek rod but also nice dry fly rod on a larger river too

fichy

Reaction score
Cj, I agree entirely on the 3 wt. Great dry fly rod. I just picked up the 1 wt. to use for blueline brookies and backpacking for goldens. Should be great for panfish, too. I tried overlining it up to a 3 wt. and it had no problem. It was also good at casting just a long leader. Pretty versatile and fun 1 wt.

Charlie