Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: Sling pack suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by dynaflow View Post
    Remember too that a good freshwater fishing vest/sling etc.does not necessarily make a good saltwater one...as zips and materials have to be made of more robust components!
    Hence I have the Orvis Gale Force version, but it normally stays in the boat as if wading for less than 3 or 4 hours my pockets, lanyard and belt provide enough capacity.

Default Re: Sling pack suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by fishbyfly View Post
    Chefchivo, you sound a lot like me. I’ve been fishing with my traditional vest for more than thirty years. Just couldn’t give it up for so many reasons. This summer I thought I would enter a new chapter. I did a lot of research and got the vedavoo seam.
    I was very skeptical if I was going to like it. Could I get the gear and tool set in that I’m accustom to carrying? Was it going to be comfortable to fish in?

The answers were 100% yes. The more I used it the more I asked what took me so long. Very well made. Great to use. Some tweaking to meet my needs but that is the case for me. The only aspect I don’t like is their tippet holder. It is too bulky and doesn’t secure very well. I strongly recommend the vedavoo slings without this accessory.

I hear all you are saying. So I spent the summer with my Simms Waypoints large sling. It was pretty sweet overall but I hate the third buckle strap to hold it on you when you are bending over or it flops to the front. It had plenty of good solid storage, plenty of room for a dry bag I could keep a few trout for dinner in, enough space for rain gear and a nice thermos holder. The more I look at vedavoo the more I like it. It looks like the seam sling would be solid and the beast looks nice too. Like I said before, as long as I can have enough space for a couple trout once in a while and good organization that works. I was also looking at their backpacks as well. I think the spinner. We have a shop in town that carries them so now that hunting season is over I can spend some time on this and doing some winter fishing.

Raising a dead thread, but to ask for clarification on a Vedavoo sling model called the Inversion. For over 25 years i've used a strap vest made by Filson for most of my fly fishing. But as I have aged, the D ring attachment has too... and one of my front pockets was attacked by a squirrel this past summer. So I am searching for a replacement. A good friend of mine swears by his Vedavoo Sling. But I'd like one that sits a bit higher on my back -- hence my interest in the Inversion model. So the question is this: has anyone used it and how was the capacity and weight distribution for you? How did you choose to store your net?

Thanks in advance for any information...
    finem respice
    Tom Morgan :::
    "I would say there is quite a bit of crossover in that a good rod is a good rod is a good rod. What you are really looking at are attributes and characteristics.... I have really strong convictions that you need to make a rod that is going to fish for Trout in the 20 to 55 foot range. If it doesn't really bend or flex for that, then you have got the wrong rod. So with any one of the materials the characteristics of the rod in my opinion should still be the same."

before you buy a sling pack make sure you will like them...I just bought the Simms G4 Pro and after using it one day it now sits in my closet and I am back to using my vest...
    may hit the classifieds soon!

I have been using a Vedavoo Tightlines Deluxe Sling for 3 years. It has a few more pockets/features than the current Tightlines offering indicates on their current website. I am very please with it. It is cool on hot days and will go over a wading jacket/insulation on cold days. The only negative is it is not waterpoof and will not work under a wading/rain jacket therefore you must unload what you want for a days fishing and put in in your wading jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by VaFisherman View Post
    I have been using a Vedavoo Tightlines Deluxe Sling for 3 years. It has a few more pockets/features than the current Tightlines offering indicates on their current website. I am very please with it. It is cool on hot days and will go over a wading jacket/insulation on cold days. The only negative is it is not waterpoof and will not work under a wading/rain jacket therefore you must unload what you want for a days fishing and put in in your wading jacket.
    I am interested in one of the vedavoo inversion slings made out of the Water Master remnants, which material is highly water resistant. So wearing the sling with my goretex underneath is part of the plan. In BC if you can't fish in the rain or snow, you will be a summer only fisherman -- and even then, very limited by the water vapour
    finem respice
    Tom Morgan :::
    "I would say there is quite a bit of crossover in that a good rod is a good rod is a good rod. What you are really looking at are attributes and characteristics.... I have really strong convictions that you need to make a rod that is going to fish for Trout in the 20 to 55 foot range. If it doesn't really bend or flex for that, then you have got the wrong rod. So with any one of the materials the characteristics of the rod in my opinion should still be the same."

7. Default Re: Sling pack suggestions

I have a fishpond summit and I like it. I am just not sure i like wearing a pack vs a vest so i'm probably switching back to vest this season.

I've had the 'Beast' Vedavoo for a couple years now and I like it. The only thing I wish it had is a couple more internal pockets or dividers, but overall it's a quality piece of gear and US made if that matters to you.
    Jeff

I have the summit by fishpond. I love it. For me it is a dedicated streamer fishing pack. It will fit 2 Bugger barns all the tippet I need, tools and still have plenty of room for other stuff. I have on occasion switched it out to dry dropper but a fanny pack works much better for that in my opinion.

Dont know how much you need to carry but I get by fine with a small chest pack. The one I use is the Allen Bear Creek Micro. Holds a fly box or two, leader, the usual tool clips. $20 on Amazon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234