Looking for info on the Douglas Nexus Reel

Kata2012

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for any feedback or reviews on the Douglas Nexus reel. I haven't found much on it other than a favorable review on the yellowstone angles 2016 reel shootout. I am unable to find

If anyone has this reel or has fished with it, how is it performing? Let me know your experience.

thanks,
Bryan

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
Bryan, If you scroll down to page 2 of this Review Forum, I have two reviews of Douglas SKY rods, a #5 and 7 both mounted with matching Nexus reels.

pheasanttail

Reaction score
I picked up a brand new Nexus reel in the summer of 17 for a real steal. I think I got if 70% off or something. I absolutely love it! Smooth, quiet and lightweight. I have zero complaints about it. I have used it when trout fishing snd warmwater fishing. I think it is fantastic. I am planning on picking another one up for my 5wt.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
In the adjacent CFO III review I recently wrote I'd asked my G.Loomis Streamdance HLS 8 1/2'/#4 to part with its CFO III Disc which was requested by new Sage DART. It did so reluctantly but I promised it I would find it a fine replacement and I have. It now has the Douglas Nexus 5/6 as my SKY#5 got an Allen Atlas with a Cortland Omni-Verse which it preferred to the Gold on the Nexus. Next move is to start switching lines around so the reassigned reels have the optimal lines on them. This could involve a three team trade.