Likes Likes:  33
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Danner/Patagonia Foot Tractors

Yes, they sell graphite by the pound.

More guide,cork and labor too...

Quote Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
    You could break or loose your $900 fly rod + reel loaded with $100 fly line if you slipped and fell into the river due to ill supporting and inferior traction el cheapo wading footwear.

Seriously, we too often waste time discussing the "is it worth it" aspect of high-end tackle. There are plenty of rods, reels and wading boots at modest price points that are fine and readily available. If our quality designer/makers of tackle were not incessantly striving to improve the breed, we would still be fishing whippy Calcutta cane with tiny eyes an wearing hob nail boots. And Harris Tweed instead of Gore-Tex.
    I didn't say anything about el cheapo anything...I said $500 for wading boots is bordering on ridiculous....

Quote Originally Posted by perryk View Post
    I didn't say anything about el cheapo anything...I said $500 for wading boots is bordering on ridiculous....
    As it is my already discontinued one year old Patagonia boots were $280...I guess I got a bargain.

As it is my already discontinued one year old Patagonia boots were $280...I guess I got a bargain.
    I purchased mine from a friend that owns a small fly shop in a remote location. It was the year the foot tractors were introduced. When I saw them, I scoffed at the price. He said, I know, nobody will buy them, I'll sell you a pair cheap. I didn't really need the boots, as I already had the original Patagonia aluminum barred boots, but he needed the money and offered me a price I couldn't refuse.

As I recall, my fishing partner, didn't think that much of them at the time. His "el cheapo" boots are now permanently living in my fishing gear closet...

I could have bought a pair for you, too...

6. Likes mcnerney liked this post

But just think of how many times those el cheao discontinued boots put your $900 rod+reel and $100 fly line in serious danger..lol..

Glad you got a deal on your Patagonias! they always seem to make nice gear.

Orangevale Ca.(Sacramento) Estes Park Co.

I only use add-ons like ice trekkers, walking on dry granite can be treacherous with all that metal under the feet.

9. Default Re: Danner/Patagonia Foot Tractors

Had an email note from a friend of mine this am. He just bought a pair of the soon to be discontinued gray (non Danner) foot tractors. They are now on closeout and can be had for as little as $168....

10. Thanks hatidua thanked for this post
    Likes dillon, sweetandsalt liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by dillon View Post
    My current foot tractors could be my last. They may only need aluminum tread replacements.
    Well, that's where things get a tad sporty... While Patagonia won't come right out and say it...yet, various dealers now claim the replacement aluminum bars are discontinued. Patagonia is out of stock on size L and my repeated queries over the past month about when they may ever get size L replacement bars again have been met with "um...not sure, -but we have a new boot coming out this spring with slightly different bars!".

Quote Originally Posted by hatidua View Post
    Well, that's where things get a tad sporty... While Patagonia won't come right out and say it...yet, various dealers now claim the replacement aluminum bars are discontinued. Patagonia is out of stock on size L and my repeated queries over the past month about when they may ever get size L replacement bars again have been met with "um...not sure, -but we have a new boot coming out this spring with slightly different bars!".
    Well then, they should upgrade to the new boot when the bars wear out and we pay the difference. That would be fine by me. I had the original aluminum bar boots. I took they in and asked for replacement bars and they handed me a new pair of boots.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast