Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  41
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Default Re: Danner/Patagonia Foot Tractors

I considered installing rock treads on my Simms G3 boots. Their website installation instructions indicates that Simms boots do not have a removable insole so another insole would be needed (on top of the original insole) inside the boot after installation. This second insole would probably change the fit and make the boot tighter. This is something to consider before installing on Simms boots.

I put a memory foam insole in my G3s after adding the Roktreads- it adds a lot of walking comfort.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I donít have these boots but I can vouch for Patagonia. I do a lot of camping /hiking and I worked in camping stores during high school and college. I buy a lot of stuff from them. Sometimes they donít make the absolute best performing things in the market and sometimes they do. But no matter what I have found that stand behind everything they make better than any other company that I have ever purchased from. Im generally looking for the best deal but with their gear I think Iím getting it despite the price because of the support after the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Butkusrules View Post
    I don’t have these boots but I can vouch for Patagonia. I do a lot of camping /hiking and I worked in camping stores during high school and college. I buy a lot of stuff from them. Sometimes they don’t make the absolute best performing things in the market and sometimes they do. But no matter what I have found that stand behind everything they make better than any other company that I have ever purchased from. Im generally looking for the best deal but with their gear I think I’m getting it despite the price because of the support after the purchase.
    Probably a good third of my outdoor gear is Patagonia. I've got several jackets, pairs of pants, shirts, shorts, etc. I've also got a pair of Riverwalker boots from a few years back that've been nothing but absolutely solid as a rock. Like you said, they're not always the "best' in a given category but they're never a bad choice. I've gotten several items repaired or replaced over the years and they've always made it clear that their priority is getting me back into whatever it is I'm doing as quick as possible. They're very open to feedback and their customer service folks know their product areas backwards and forwards. Dollar for dollar, I always feel I'm getting a great value and product when I buy something from Patagonia.

When my Riverwalkers wear out, I'll undoubtedly get another pair of Patagonia wading boots. It's not even really a question.

I wear several Patagonia products and fished alongside a gentleman all summer who had these boots and yes they are nice and yes they are to expensive for what you get. But many will buy them because they think they are helping the world. I was impressed but I am thinking 285 tops for the boot and 215 for them to learn how to make things out of garbage.

Re: Simms insoles with Rock Treads. I had a pair of custom-fit/molded hard insoles from when I used to do serious Roller Blading. (My longest skate in a day was 81 miles) Under the molded orthotic I have an insole of nitrogen burst foam. (Spenco) Just yesterday I walked eight miles in my boots to fish in the Smoky Mountains. No issues, no problems. As for the fish, they weren't cooperating at all. But my feet were happy.
    Last edited by brook rookie; 09-15-2019 at 06:29 AM. Reason: checked my records, corrected distance skated

I've now had the Danner/Patagonia Foot Tractors and River/Salt boots for a while and the more I wear them the more I like them. The metal bars beat any studs I've tried in terms of traction and the River/Salt boots make for a great wet-wading shoe.

The one thing I'd caution anyone considering buying these to do is to make absolutely certain you are buying the right size. The lacing is great and can snug things up but don't buy them too big as the volume seems to expand a bit when wet in my experience.

No, they are not right for everyone. If a person wants to save money, I suspect it's quite possible to glue some felt to the bottom of some Converse sneakers and the fish will be none the wiser.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567