Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Whatís your favorite fly fishing pack?

Check out our new video where Steve gets a new pack. It been a while since our last video but let me know what your favorite pack is for fly fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Whatís your favorite fly fishing pack?

I have two: Orvis guide sling pack and a small and cheap off-brand chest pack.

Ok, on behalf of real men everywhere, turn in your man card. No man twerks or whatever you called it. Especially in a fly shop. That's considered a sin, and a shame sir.
    The only thing human kind ever learned through history, is that through history, human kind has learned nothing.

4. Likes TenkaraBill, Joey Bagels liked this post
    Blog Entries

I'll tell you what I'd like to see and that would be some posts containing text and some pictures instead of using the forum as a platform for a you tube channel. Sorry to be so blunt but I used to just delete videos that seemed to be personal channels using our forum as just a place to find viewers.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

6. Likes Joey Bagels, sweetandsalt liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    I'll tell you what I'd like to see and that would be some posts containing text and some pictures instead of using the forum as a platform for a you tube channel. Sorry to be so blunt but I used to just delete videos that seemed to be personal channels using our forum as just a place to find viewers.
    Or at least post some actual content. People that drop in and use the forum as free ad space for their wannabe too cool for school fishing videos donít actually contribute to any discussions or sense of real communication. Theyíre simply here to drive viewers to their vanity projects. Iíd support deleting posts like these.

ďItís all in the reflexes.Ē

8. Likes trout trekker, dennyk liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by TenkaraBill View Post
    I have two: Orvis guide sling pack and a small and cheap off-brand chest pack.
    Steve actually used an orvis sling pack for a while and didnít like it. I like using a chest pack due to convenience.

Itís funny I use my cheap chest pack way more than my Orvis for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty macfly View Post
    Ok, on behalf of real men everywhere, turn in your man card. No man twerks or whatever you called it. Especially in a fly shop. That's considered a sin, and a shame sir.
    True story.

12. Likes TenkaraBill, scotty macfly liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    Understood. I would be lying if I said I didnít want people to see our videos. If it needs to be removed I completely understand.

I just don't open 'em, prefer to read. Can sort out the BS a lot faster and move on that way.

For other guy's boats, I've got an older sage thermowelded zip T massive lumber pack, works as a small boat bag; a small sage chest pack, about the size of a VHS tape - wear that around my waist on the off side hip or small of back on the casting deck in a boat, with fly box and tippet spool. Both were cheap when they changed colors on those models.

On foot, either the 1st gen patagucchi fishing sling, or my newest, the thermowelded dry-bag sling they just blew out (orange) for 1/2 price.

I have landed on slings, but after 4 shoulder procedures, sometimes wish mine were ambidextrous. I fish more 2 handed now, and when 1 handed switch hands back and forth depending on injuries, situation and fatigue.

Although I haven't seen an ambi sling with the features I like (starting with at least 40% discount) I can see that after a long day I think would be nice to put the weight on a different shoulder once in awhile!

15. Likes GoodBuddyFlyFishing liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast