Cabelas zip waders

hunter1

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of Cabelas waders with the zipper. Got them cheap enough to try out using some of my points and a gift card. anyone else use them.

photoguy

Reaction score
Totally agree. When my Orvis zippered waders wore out I searched for alternatives and was reluctant to go with the higher priced options (Simms/Patagonia) simply because I didn't have the budget for those. orvis no longer offers them or I'd have stayed with the brand because I was happy with the 5 years I'd gotten out of them. If I'd seen the Cabelas I would have considered them as well...very limited choices in zip front waders it seems. In the end I went with the LL Bean Kennebec zippered at what I thought was a reasonable price (also had an email coupon) and so far they're working well at a third the price of some of the other brands.

Hope they serve well-

Last edited:

myt1

Reaction score
I had an issue with a pair of leaky Cabela's waders, not the zip waters.

Cabela's doesn't offer any type of repair service.

hunter1

Reaction score
I had an issue with a pair of leaky Cabela's waders, not the zip waters.

Cabela's doesn't offer any type of repair service.
I know. That's why I wanted to use up my points and gift card. There getting just as bad as BP. There always out of what you need. I'll just get my stuff from regular fly shops. :eek:hwell:

hunter1

Reaction score
Same company now.
I know. Years ago I stopped buying from BP. Then when they bought Cabs, I figured it wouldn't be long before it was like BP. I have a store 16 miles from me, I use to get all my ammo for shotgun sports from them. Now they never have shotgun ammo in flats in stock anymore. I'm done with them, Only if I get a gift card. :D

hunter1

Reaction score
Went FF today caught 2 small browns, Waders worked fine. They were comfortable, zipper was great , easy to get into, Plus they didn't leak. They do need belt loops. Now we'll see how long they last. :D

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I'm not a huge Cabela's fan, but I've bought and used only Cabela's waders for the past (almost) 30 years
I don't think that there's a better value