Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Scott GS 84/#4 and Ross Evolution LTX

If I could have only 2 fly rods they would be my Scott GS-844 and GS-886. They are the easiest casting rods I have ever owned and a pleasure to fish with.

Denny

2. Likes el jefe, cooutlaw liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dennyk View Post
    If I could have only 2 fly rods they would be my Scott GS-844 and GS-886. They are the easiest casting rods I have ever owned and a pleasure to fish with.

Denny
    Thank goodness we are not relegated to only 2 rods ! That said, if we were, I'd have a REALLY difficult time picking two....but I agree with Denny, these two models would be in the mix of consideration. Now that I have fished my GS885 significantly more, I can also add that this rod, which in G2 version received piles of accolades, but has been dramatically understated in the GS version- perhaps because of the greatly improved GS905, but I will say with confidence, the GS885 is also just a wonderful, wonderful, rod to fish. With either an SA Trout or a RIO IT Gold....the rod is simply...really, really, nice as a moderate mid length 5wt...versatile, and lots of touch and just plain fun and makes me smile- a lot. I have found after spending time with most every model, that the very worst versions in the GS series - I would rate as excellent, and there are a few models that must be sprinkled with magic dust.

4. Likes dennyk liked this post

Beautiful images- nice looking combo

What more can a person need than a Scott GS rod and a Ross reel? A dog! You gotta have a dog.
    The only thing human kind ever learned through history, is that through history, human kind has learned nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty macfly View Post
    What more can a person need than a Scott GS rod and a Ross reel? A dog! You gotta have a dog.
    Scotty is getting very close to the truth right there. Here is Peppermint looking for risers on a drift boat trip.

6DAB4DDD-DB0B-4968-AFC4-792AA1133FE5.jpg

8. Thanks scotty macfly thanked for this post
    Likes sweetandsalt, pickadrake, cooutlaw liked this post

I am a dog loving guy. Over the last three years we have lost both of our dogs and our cat. The most recent one was this past spring and he was 18 years old. There is, however, no new puppy in my immediate future.

10. Thanks fly2field thanked for this post

Late to the party, but I just wanted to add to the chorus thanking you for taking the time to do the review and to post the wonderful snapshots .... that trout is particularly beautiful! If I didn't have a number of 4 wt rods with a similar capability, I'd be saving for this rod .... well, to be honest, I still would like this rod even if I don't "need" it for small rivers and streams Again thanks.
    finem respice
    Tom Morgan :::
    "I would say there is quite a bit of crossover in that a good rod is a good rod is a good rod. What you are really looking at are attributes and characteristics.... I have really strong convictions that you need to make a rod that is going to fish for Trout in the 20 to 55 foot range. If it doesn't really bend or flex for that, then you have got the wrong rod. So with any one of the materials the characteristics of the rod in my opinion should still be the same."

12. Likes driftless22 liked this post

Hi SnS

I know it can be super tough when a pet passes on and goes onto whatever is next. I'm sorry about that. As far as more puppies in the future, there's a lot of animals out there that would be happy with a good home. Maybe at some point the time will be right.

Here is one more of Pixy, just for good measure (1 yr old Weiner.) Taken just this morning on a stump next to the Tampa bay Inter-coastal. After this, no more thread hi-jacking from me!

IMG_9032.jpg

Dogs are always welcome. Our Harry (terrier mix and a fearsome individual) was a pound rescue, the cat was a 9 11 rescue from a Trade Center person that did not come home and only Simon came as a puppy from my brother in-law's dog and he just could not have another so we did. Fly rods though I always get new and with a pedigree.

15. Likes osseous, fly2field liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12