Rio Flies

ontheflymn

Reaction score
I guess flies can be considered gear to an extent. Anyway, I bought a few dozen of Rio's caddis dries in a variety of sizes. They aren't super cheap in terms of buying flies online; however, I was very impressed with the quality, durability, and floatability of said patterns.

Give them a look next time your shopping online.

Best regards,
Dave

dharkin

Reaction score
I'm always surprised when I hear about folks ordering flies from an online store when we have a fantastic solution on this forum. Give this thread a read Dave, just in case you don't know.

"The 2019 Miracle XL+"

ontheflymn

Reaction score
I'm always surprised when I hear about folks ordering flies from an online store when we have a fantastic solution on this forum. Give this thread a read Dave, just in case you don't know.

"The 2019 Miracle XL+"
There are a lot of options out there for folks to buy flies out there. I was just pointing out my experience with a recent purchase. That's all.

To each their own.

myt1

Reaction score
I didn't know Rio sold flies.

Is this the same Rio that makes fly lines?

Rio is a great company. They pretty much do everything first class.

flytie09

Reaction score
I say thanks for sharing this as I honestly had no idea Rio was selling flies.

These Rio flies look pretty good. Not a huge selection......but a decent number. It's good to see a positive review as far as quality goes. Materials used, hook strength, flies coming apart.....we've all been there and one of the major reasons we tie our own flies. Even from well known "manufacturers". This is always a concern with buying sight unseen.

It never hurts to have a backup to Jerry if we need flies.

flytie09

Reaction score
Hey flytie09,

As long as I'm vertical and still breathing/taking liquids, you'll usually find me behind the vise. When it comes to the tying classes with "my kids," even my own treatments don't slow me down... much.

Besides, I've managed to gather an outstanding "support crew" for the Fall/Winter gatherings with "my kids," including "my girls," my now "retired and living on the river just upstream" former oncologist, and of course, my fishing cronies. I've managed to survive my fight with cancer long enough to see Doc's daughter become an oncologist like her Dad, and she now takes care of my treatments... with Doc overseeing the whole affair, mind you.

Here's to a fine weekend ahead, my friend. Take good care, flytie09, and don't be a stranger...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
By manufacturer, Jerry..... I meant MFC among other big name companies. I ordered several dozens of their flies and after a dozen casts or so they came loose from the hook. Junk.

Your flies get nothing but high praise. Keep at it and best of wishes to you.

GMPHK

Reaction score
Anybody on the fence on buying flies from hairwing 530 get off and make a purchase. You won’t be disappointed!