Thin Magnetic fly box?

bloodmeridian

Reaction score
I'm looking for a very thin magnetic fly box (about half an inch thick). I saw a guy using it on the river the other day and I want one, but I dont know who makes it and I'm having trouble pulling anything up. The box doesnt use any foam.

Any help would be appreciated!

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Matt,

If it was aluminum Wheatley sells one with magnetic panels instead of clips. Look on their home page.

Ard

PS. I'm working on it I promise :icon_redf

stoneyclove

Reaction score
Check out "Streamworks". They make a small magnetic fly box that's great for midge and small nymphs. I've had one for a couple of years with no problems.

Its about 1/2 inch thick. Might be the one your talking about.

Shane Stroud

Reaction score
Several years ago I ripped the ripple foam out of an old box when it got chewed up and replaced it with sticky back magnetic tape. Worked great until it floated down the river with a couple hundred bucks worth of flies in it.

Anyway, if you happen to have an old box, that's the $5 redneck solution.

And spend an extra buck for a lanyard.

bloodmeridian

Reaction score
No, it had compartments like that first one - that first one might be it.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

Hey there. I just got 3 C&F hook boxes which work perfectly. I can fit all 3 boxes in one pocket and they are perfect for midges. C&F make the best quality boxes in my opinion. I know $20 may be a lot for a flat box like this but its well worth it.

C&F Fly Tying Tools - Parachute Tool - Hackle Pliers - C&F Design » Magnetic Hook Pallet, Midge
C&F!! That's it right there! I'm going to pick one up this weekend. It seems like two together are unstoppable. They're super thing and will hold just about everything. ...I'm tellin' ya, foams on the way out boys. You heard it here first!

Oh, and Ard - Looking forward to it!

Thanks guys,

- Matt