Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default This Newbie Bought his first Rod and Reel

Hey everyone its me again and I took everyones great advice and bought my first Fly Rod and Reel over the weekend.

I went with the Sage Flight 9' 5wt in a 2 piece and for a reel I saved myself about $100 and went with the Sage 1650... I havent had too much tome to go out and cast it around , I was gone all weekend , but I am heading over to my Friend Wes' this afternoon before work and going to get some more casting pointers...

Again , I would like to tell everyone thank you for your advice , and I will get back to everyone and let you know how I am doing in this new fly fishing adventure..

Thanks again everyone
    Jer

Blog Entries

Default Re: This Newbie Bought his first Rod and Reel

Jer: Sounds like you made a good choice, now get out and break that new outfit in right by catching some fish and good luck!

Larry

wise choice jer, im a newby to fly fishing but believe me....its only the beginning.

Congrats Jer, sounds like you have a rocking outfit there. And it's great you've got a buddy to help get you started.

Looking forward to your trip reports! Good luck!

mark

Blog Entries

Enjoy your new rig.

MP

6. Default Re: This Newbie Bought his first Rod and Reel

Somewhere in Oregon little fishies are sleeping with one eye open tonight. For Jer, it is the dawn of a new era. For the fishies, it is the holocaust.

Your going to love your new Flight Rod. I sold my Sage Fli and got a Flight in a 9', 5wt.. Fished it a couple of days last week from my pontoon. Very sweet rod.