Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Can Anyone Recommend A Good Materials Supplier

Hello Guys:Here in england good fly tying materials are getting quite expensive with postal charges going up all the time and it seems one has to make a large purchase to get it free or discounted. I know US suppliers have a vast array of materials having bought items from Cabelas in the USA while I was travelling there and I've seen Bass Pro catalogues, but to order from here I find the postal costs a real put-off. Can any forumite suggest a US supplier that WON'T cost me the earth? Thank You

Default Re: Can Anyone Recommend A Good Materials Supplier

Allen fly fishing dose real good hooks free post anywhere

Here he will even do a reasnoble deal on postage on other items

Chris
    "the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD

Although based in the US, get in touch with John at Feathersmc.com: Home. He's a wonderful fellow to deal with and I've received only the highest grades of materials from him. If he can't provide reasonable shipping, I'll bet good money he can provide contacts in the UK.
    The man who busies himself proclaiming something can't be done is frequently interrupted by the man doing it.

the764

John has to add cost for tax and extra handling/customs which has made the cost much higher worth it if you are geting a bit of stuff

Chris
    "the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD

Thanks Guys-As usual you come through with flying (colours)(like my british spelling?)I shall get in touch with John and I've already e-mailed Allens

Most places will offer free shipping to anywhere in the continental US depending on amount of purchase but going overseas it costs quite a bit for shipping so I would guess you will be paying hefty shipping regardless. I could be wrong though.
    Check out thew best page on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/383970318419257/