Club Sandwich Hopper

tie one on

Reaction score
[img2="left"]http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/photos/files//4-clubsanchezlarge_thumb.jpg[/img2]Today when I got onto the site there was a picture of a "Club Sandwich Hopper" in the photo gallery that looked very useful for bass.

I have never tied a foam type bug like this one, does anyone have a pattern description that would give me a material list & how it is tied ?

With spring approaching quickly I'd like to have my arsenal for smallmouth & largemouth completed.

Thank you,

Tie One On

Joni

Reaction score
I tell you guys and gals that are into foam flies, go to Wally World (Walmart) and go to the craft section. They have a package of closed cell foam (about 50) that is the same stuff in the fly stores, except these are about 5" x6" sheets. There are some wild colors, but, heck I can think of ways to use them (strike indicators for one). Plus it is like $5. for the whole thing.:holy:

BigCliff

Reaction score
Hobby Lobby, Michaels and other stores of that type have tons of foam real cheap as well. At Michaels the other day I picked up some white foam cylinders that are about 1" long and 3/4" diameter, and already have the edges rounded off. It'll take my 9wt to throw the bloomin things, but they're the closest thing i've seen to a premade popper body i've seen at those types of places. The pack of 10 or 12 was $3. I may put tubes through some of them and use them as add on popper heads to really raise a ruckus.

Outdoorarki

Reaction score
I bought some of the wal-mart stuff and it works as good as what you buy at the fly shop.