Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look At Me

Default Look At Me

Look at me, for I am the original iron jawed brass mounted copper bellied corpse maker from the wilds of Northern Arkansas.

Ohh by the way, I caught my first trout today on a fly rod and they were on a fly that I tied, 4 brooks and a rainbow.

Bow low and spread your arms gentlemen for ye stand in the presence of he who shalt cast his fly into the cold depths and compel thee slimy brethren to impel thou self upon thine barbed siren.

I can't thank each of you enough for your patience and experienced answers to my questions. I can hear your laughter though at creating another addicted fly fisherman.

PS: Will I need a license to start guiding? kidding...lol

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Look At Me

Congrats Dave. Sounds like you had quite a day today.
    Anthony Laurence
    www.anthonylaurence.net
    Web Developement and Design
    FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog

Blog Entries

Yes li'l Dave, you will need a lic. to guide. But wait six months or so, till you have it all down. Lol
    Good job, you are now an official member of FFishers anonymous.
    Not because you caught fish on a fly, but because you have seen beyond the normal limitations of most fishers/fish, by catching them on flies you tyed.
    Have fun with it, and report back.
    It's part of your therapy, and mine...

Jim
    Last edited by Bigfly; 02-12-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    Ultimately, it's not catching fish that satisfies, but knowing how.

Bigfly

Hey! That's the way I used to announce each trout to my wife. She started taking things too seriously, so I only say stuff like that after every other fish...LOL!

Good job on both counts! I do like to tie my own flies, and haven't used any others in over 5 years.

Sounds like the community pond payed off
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Blog Entries

Dave: Congrats on the first trout and having tied them on YOUR flies makes it all the better!

Larry
    Larry

Blog Entries

Dave,
    That gave me a good laugh. Congrats on your success.

MP

Blog Entries

Great DaveCongrats!

Blog Entries

Here I thought you already were catching them and never realized that you had not until I read this thread. I remember how proud I was of the same accomplishment and can still share your excitement even as the time has long past since the day.

One of the things that sets fishing with your flies apart from any other activity I've ever been part of is that it is new every time. Every day is different, every stream river and creek is different, nothing is ever the same. You may occasionally think it is but that's when you start to notice the intrinsics of nature even more.

I won't launch into a hard core Zen like pontification but I was getting started, how bout if I just say .........that's cool Dave

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Congratulations on two levels: for catching your first trout on your own flies and for having a most excellent sense of humor.
    Gary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast