Tyer's contest

FISHN50

Reaction score
Just a thought... What about having a flytying contest on the site. What if we took the first, say, 36 tyers that signed up & got 2 flies from each. One Mandatory pattern & the other can be tyers choice. We can post a picture of each 2 flies & have the members vote for their favorite 2 fly group. The flies would be just numbered with no names. The winner would get all the flies.
Is there a way to set it up so people can only vote once & do we have any photog. volunteers to do it. What are your thoughts on this????

DryFlyGuy

Reaction score
I don't want to sound too presumptuous here, but the outcome is already settled. I would absolutely come in last place. How my flies trick fish is beyond me. I've seen a cat hack up a fur-ball that looks more like a natural than what typically comes off of my vise.

deomojo

Reaction score
I don't want to sound too presumptuous here, but the outcome is already settled. I would absolutely come in last place. How my flies trick fish is beyond me. I've seen a cat hack up a fur-ball that looks more like a natural than what typically comes off of my vise.
LMAO... feel ya there man
TM

Jimmie

Reaction score
From a guy that would be a spectator it's sounds like a great idea. I would love to see and hear about the best of the best. Maybe pick up some new ideas.

bloodhound

Reaction score
i'd be in for it if i can figure out how to post pic's. and also i would be a shoe in for last place lol.

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi to all,

At this time a contest like this will create some problems. It would be much better if we could put this off until after NAFFF is moved to the new server. It may also be a better contest for the Winter to get the maximum participation. I would prefer that a contest like this be controlled by NAFFF. I am not saying no to this I am just asking that it be put off a bit. What do you think?

Frank

DryFlyGuy

Reaction score
That gives me time to practice my super complicated thread midge.

FISHN50

Reaction score
Hi to all,

At this time a contest like this will create some problems. It would be much better if we could put this off until after NAFFF is moved to the new server. It may also be a better contest for the Winter to get the maximum participation. I would prefer that a contest like this be controlled by NAFFF. I am not saying no to this I am just asking that it be put off a bit. What do you think?

Frank
OK Frank. I got to thinking about it after I posted it & realized most people are fishing now & not tying, Going on vacation etc. I really was just throwing the idea out with a suggested way of doing it. I realize that it might generate a lot of interest & we might have a lot of pict. to post so we would need an administrator to control it. It would be great if NAFF would handle it on their new server . When will the server be up & running??
I'll offer what little help I can ....

FISHN50

Reaction score
Hi to all,

Frank
Is there still any interest. How about Nov 15 to Dec. 30. Frank, i agree that an administrator from NAFF would have to run it .. It's a matter of working out the details & posting a lot of pictures & having a way to vote for only one fly..