Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyer's contest

Default Tyer's contest

Just a thought... What about having a flytying contest on the site. What if we took the first, say, 36 tyers that signed up & got 2 flies from each. One Mandatory pattern & the other can be tyers choice. We can post a picture of each 2 flies & have the members vote for their favorite 2 fly group. The flies would be just numbered with no names. The winner would get all the flies.
    Is there a way to set it up so people can only vote once & do we have any photog. volunteers to do it. What are your thoughts on this????

Default Re: Tyer's contest

sounds fun to me

3. Default Re: Tyer's contest

I don't want to sound too presumptuous here, but the outcome is already settled. I would absolutely come in last place. How my flies trick fish is beyond me. I've seen a cat hack up a fur-ball that looks more like a natural than what typically comes off of my vise.

4. Default Re: Tyer's contest

Quote Originally Posted by DryFlyGuy View Post
    I don't want to sound too presumptuous here, but the outcome is already settled. I would absolutely come in last place. How my flies trick fish is beyond me. I've seen a cat hack up a fur-ball that looks more like a natural than what typically comes off of my vise.
    LMAO... feel ya there man
    TM

From a guy that would be a spectator it's sounds like a great idea. I would love to see and hear about the best of the best. Maybe pick up some new ideas.

I like this idea but move over Dryflyguy. That spot is reserved for me.
    Rusty

7. Default Re: Tyer's contest

It sounds great.

i'd be in for it if i can figure out how to post pic's. and also i would be a shoe in for last place lol.

Hi to all,

At this time a contest like this will create some problems. It would be much better if we could put this off until after NAFFF is moved to the new server. It may also be a better contest for the Winter to get the maximum participation. I would prefer that a contest like this be controlled by NAFFF. I am not saying no to this I am just asking that it be put off a bit. What do you think?

Frank

10. Default Re: Tyer's contest

That gives me time to practice my super complicated thread midge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast