Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Good evening

1. Default Good evening

I am a member of a few fly fishing sites. Somehow this one has escaped me until now. I have been fly fishing since 1988 with most of it down in the mountains of Va, TN, and WV. Sometimes I fish the James and New for smallies but really prefer cold water. My job requires about 20 weeks a year on the road and I am always looking to fish a new horizon. I will be in Huntingdon, PA the last week of March. If anyone knows of some good water near there let me know. I already plan to spend an afternoon on the Letort since I will be that close but am interested in others as well. I understand the Letort will make a fool of you but I have been foolish most of my life. Thanks.

Default Re: Good evening

Welcome hookie99, I know your going to like it here.

Best regards,

T.

Blog Entries

hokie99: Welcome aboard, I'm looking forward to hearing about your fly fishing adventures. Getting the opportunity to travel and get in some fishing can't be all bad. I hope someone chimes in with some help for you in PA.

Larry
    Larry

Blog Entries

Hokie

Welcome to the fun!!
    Davo
    My worst day on the water beats my best day anywhere else hands down!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures

Blog Entries

Hi,

Welcome to the fly fishing forum, I no longer live in Pennsylvania but some things don't change. Huntingdon is a short drive from the Little Juniata River in the area of Tyrone PA. The Little J is not so small and when you get up around where South Bald Eagle Creek, Spruce Run and others flow into it the river has a population of wild brown trout among other species. This is big water so have your cleats on your boots and think sink tips and big streamers in March.

I used to go out there in early season to avoid crowds your timing will make things solitary but wade with care.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors