Old School

oldman50

Reaction score
Great stuff, He looks like a young Ronald Reagan. Believe it or not, I still use that old 1 to 2 technique in my casting classes. I also incorporate my V method. Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

webrx

Reaction score
Another oldie but goodie series of videos is the Gary Borger fly fishing for trout series on Youtube. Good stuff in my opinion, and still valid today. here is a link to [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvSDjHgo0UY"]the first of 6 in the series[/ame]
d

Pocono

Reaction score
Very cool post on "Johnny".

The action on that rod that he's using reminds me a lot of some of the vintage glass rods that I fish during the year; very slow action, a lot of flex and the need for a big casting stroke; particularly on the forward cast.

Thanks for that!

Pocono

Rip Tide

Reaction score
Talk about old films...
Recently on TCM I saw a short, narrated by Ronald Reagan about bow fishing for blue marlin from a sailing sloop with champion archer Howard Hill
They'd tease the marlin in, then Hill would shoot it and somebody would jump into a dory and they'd fight the fish on the run with a rod and reel.
The wildest part was when the marlin charged the dory, speared it, and busted it up.
Never seen anything like it.