Simms KBS waders?

FlyFlinger2421

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about these? What are they made of? Will they last?
Looking for some lightweights to pack for my trip to AK this summer and i can get these real cheap.

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Sorry Bigdog,
I looked for them the other day, got pulled away and forgot.

I really couldn't find much on them other than a site where they were being sold on closeout. I'm assuming it's the same spot you mentioned getting a great deal.

So, since I don't believe Simm's has them in the lineup this year it looks like they may have not been a big seller. For what reasons? Who knows?
You could always buy a pair, especially for the price.....and even if you only get a couple seasons out of them, your not out very much.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Right on about the price, would be hard to go wrong there. That said, this is the one/only/place I've ever seen a reference to this bit 'o kit.

From the brief description, you can't tell much about the product. What are they made of? Looks almost like a heavy rubber of some sort.

fae

Davo

Reaction score
Judging by the box they are in these are from when Simms was still located in Jackson Hole WY. That makes those waders around 20yrs old at the least!! I don't know how long those old rubber waders hold up for, but if the price is really good what the heck!

fredaevans

Reaction score
Judging by the box they are in these are from when Simms was still located in Jackson Hole WY. That makes those waders around 20yrs old at the least!! I don't know how long those old rubber waders hold up for, but if the price is really good what the heck!
Interesting, rubber as I thought? If these are similar to ones I used (for many years) they were excellent ..... but if ('new in box' or not) that old ...... they're at/past any reasonable life expectancy. Bye the Bye, they were hotter than hell to ware during the summer.

FlyFlinger2421

Reaction score
Sure glad I joined this site! 20 years is too long for waders in my book! Thanks, guys, I think I'll pass on this "good deal".

fredaevans

Reaction score
Well you could always contact the seller and see how they were stored, return policy, etc. Just be up-front as to why the question(s).

If in 'good shape' you could have a bit of true fishing history on your hands....just not on a 90 degree day. :biggrin: