Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Australian visit to Colorado

Default Australian visit to Colorado

Guy,s I have asked the question before but did not mention Colorado in the heading so some may have missed it, but my wife and I are visiting Colorado next July and were wondering what we are likely to expect from the rivers in the rockies at that time of year.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Australian visit to Colorado

reckless: It all depends on the amount of snow during the winter. This year we had a pretty good snow fall and then during the spring we had a very wet May and June which kept the rivers high until about mid-July. I was in Carbondale, CO July 4th weekend and you could fish the Roaring Fork which was very high but wading would be difficult. The Frying Pan is a tailwater so that would be no problem. In general terms I think your trip in July will be timed just right. Colorado has so many great rivers to fish it is hard to cover them all.

Larry

3. Default Re: Australian visit to Colorado

Reckless,
    You'll be fine for fishing in July. If the freestone rivers are a little high the tailwaters will be fine. Just be prepared for afternoon thunderstorms and lightning. Good luck and enjoy our beautiful state.
    Yat

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    reckless: It all depends on the amount of snow during the winter. This year we had a pretty good snow fall and then during the spring we had a very wet May and June which kept the rivers high until about mid-July. I was in Carbondale, CO July 4th weekend and you could fish the Roaring Fork which was very high but wading would be difficult. The Frying Pan is a tailwater so that would be no problem. In general terms I think your trip in July will be timed just right. Colorado has so many great rivers to fish it is hard to cover them all.

Larry
    THanks Larry. I will keep in touch between now and then and hopefully we can still get in a float. Neil

Quote Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
    Reckless,
    You'll be fine for fishing in July. If the freestone rivers are a little high the tailwaters will be fine. Just be prepared for afternoon thunderstorms and lightning. Good luck and enjoy our beautiful state.
    Yat
    Great Yat, I am so looking forward to getting back to Colorado. I was there 10 years ago and drove down to Moab but did not get a fish in at any time. "Rockies for a world series?"Neil