Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Earthquake

Default Earthquake

Some of you may be awear that in Christchurch two days ago there was a 6.3 earthquake, while not as big as recent quakes it has caused a huge amount of loss for the people mainly on the eastern side of the city and the central city I last heard the death toll was 98 and expected to rise much higher with some 300 people knowen to be missing.

All of my friends and family are well and safe, we were very luckey, I had the day off work and was at home with my wife and kids when it happened. As I work for the power company I am also fortunatly still employed and work will pickup a bit........

We are all very greatful the the USAR teams that have come from around the world to help!

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisinselwynNZ; 02-24-2011 at 05:11 AM.
    "the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD

Default Re: Earthquake

Been following news reports on it. Sounds like a bad one as far as damage.

Many people here in the US (not sure if it's common elsewhere) don't realize most homeowner's insurance policies do NOT cover earthquake damage as normally written. I added earthquake coverage a few years ago for a very low increase to my premium. Hope I never need it, but it seems like earthquakes are becoming more frequent.

Glad you and your family are all ok.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

The film we're seeing here is devastating to say the least. But what we're also seeing is People with Moxie: Get up, dust yourself off, and lets clean up this mess.

Quite a different mind set from what you see elsewhere.

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Chris,you and yours are well.That is only that matter

6. Default Re: Earthquake

Glad to hear you and your family are safe.

Chris, Glad to hear you and yours are all safe...

Dan

We were thinking about you, and are very glad that you and your family are safe.
    We have seen some sad pictures from Christchurch here in the US. Hoping for the best.

Glad you are ok. Hope things get back to normal as soon as possible. It sounds like some important buildings came down though. A shame.

10. Default Re: Earthquake

Thanks for the update and super glad you are all okay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast