Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default favorite food to take with you on the stream?

i need some ideas on snacks i can take fishing with me....i tried a sandwich but it got all mushed up in my vest, crackers got turned into dust....and i sat on a candybar that i for some reason stuck in my back pocket...
    "A good cast is like a good whiskey- It's smooth and hits the spot" -Anonymous fly fishing guide

2. Default

Personally I dont go anywhere without Peanut M&Ms and Sunflower seeds...

I like a bagel, your choice of flavor. They travel well in a zip baggie and they're filling when consumed with a drink.
    I keep a couple of packets of MRE peanut butter (sealed in double snack size zip bags) in my vest for emergencies. Good high protien if needed and, if you know anything about MRE's, you're not tempted to eat them except in an emergency.

(just kiddin' )
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

5. Likes leithel, Noiso liked this post

Blog Entries

hahaha ive had a couple mre's that werent bad
    "A good cast is like a good whiskey- It's smooth and hits the spot" -Anonymous fly fishing guide

PBJ sandwich carried in a day pack. They stay fine in there. Clif Bars are good, too.

9. Default

beer... lol
    but really, i like to take those nutagrain bars. keep em dry or youll be drinking it.

Blog Entries

lol...mmm sounds tastey

Key to me is something that's easy to carry without being crushable, self-contained so that it doesn't spill out while you're eating it, not requiring refrigeration for the better part of a day, and something that you can eat without getting it all over your hands or otherwise being messy to eat. Burritos or wraps work pretty well, particularly if they don't have a lot wet squishy stuff in them. They don't crush like sandwiches and they seem to be easier to fit in a vest, etc. I like jerky as well, but you have to make sure you've got plenty of drinking water (or whatever ) with you.
    On the whole, I'd rather be in Wyoming . . .
    Fly2:

12. Likes yonder liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast