Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries

Default Waist High Waders

I am considering purchasing some waist high waders. I fish for trout in CA a few times a year - will be visiting the Upper Sac for a week next month. Budget=$200 +/-. Any suggestions as to brand and/or whether it is a worthwhile investment? I am 6'3" 235 with size 15 feet.

~Noiso

2. Default Re: Waist High Waders

I have Rivendell waist highs and I love them. You can score them on e-bay for like $50.
    Good quality wader.

Default Re: Waist High Waders

Check out Orvis. I purchased a pair of Tailwater XTs on sale for $199.99 and with them came a free pair of wading boots. A great deal in my opinion. As for the waders, I used them 20+ times in July up on the Frying Pan and Roaring Fork and they were outstanding. By far the best pair of waders I have used to date. Love the waist highs and seriously doubt I will ever go back to chest highs.

4. Default Re: Waist High Waders

Quote Originally Posted by txbevo View Post
    Check out Orvis. I purchased a pair of Tailwater XTs on sale for $199.99 and with them came a free pair of wading boots. A great deal in my opinion. As for the waders, I used them 20+ times in July up on the Frying Pan and Roaring Fork and they were outstanding. By far the best pair of waders I have used to date. Love the waist highs and seriously doubt I will ever go back to chest highs.
    WOW! those are a great price. Provided they have his size.
    The only problem I have with them is the fact the BOOT is attached. I wear out boots faster than waders, but I wet wade.
    Plus the boots are felt sole.
    You have to be sure the boot fits right too.
    For that price....it could be worth it.

You can get the Orvis Tailwater waders as a stocking foot or bootfoot. They have the stocking foot on sale with free boots. The bootfoot waders are also on sale. I just got some Simms waist highs. I've been using Hodgeman waist highs for 2 yrs now with no leaks. The Hodgemans fit real well and keep me bone dry. The feet aren't lt/rt. I think that's a big plus in the more expensive waders, though I can't say the Hodgemans have been uncomfortable in the feet. They push on my toes at times, though. I'll break the Simms in for 3 days in Pa early next week. All that said, waist highs are all I wear.

6. Default Re: Waist High Waders

Okay, I see it now. On sale for $249.
    I bought these at the beginning of the summer and got to say, they are really well built. And the PRICE!!!!
    Mine are the waist highs, but They have a Zipper. Not that that does me any good..LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rivendell-SF-fly...d=p3286.c0.m14

Blog Entries

Thanks folks!
    I forgot to mention that I need the stocking foot -already have boots. I wonder, will the folks at Orvis flinch if I order XL-long waders and the free wading boots in a size 6 women's (for my gal)? I'll definitely check out the Hodgeman and Rivendell brands as well. The Orvis come in a nice variety of sizes and I think the size 13 socks should stretch to my size like they did on my current chest high waders.
    Thanks again.
    ~Noiso

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noiso View Post
    Thanks folks!
    I forgot to mention that I need the stocking foot -already have boots. I wonder, will the folks at Orvis flinch if I order XL-long waders and the free wading boots in a size 6 women's (for my gal)? I'll definitely check out the Hodgeman and Rivendell brands as well. The Orvis come in a nice variety of sizes and I think the size 13 socks should stretch to my size like they did on my current chest high waders.
    Thanks again.
    ~Noiso
    I really doubt they would even notice.

Larry

LLBean makes a waist high version of their $100 wader that gets such rave reviewss- http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...4-tn&cat4=1109

I'll probably get myself a pair of these before too long- http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...1109-sub2&np=Y Looks like a good deal and a very convenient option.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.