Fishing With Forum Members

littledavid123

Reaction score
Visiting with the good folks on this forum I am often surprised by how many other forum members they have fished with. (pretty cool)

So my question is who or how many forum members have each of you fished with?

PS: Welcome any juicy stories from fishing with other forum members!!!

Dave

fyshstykr

Reaction score
I've fished with Mrs fysh (she liked me so much that she asked me to marry her),Davo, Larry (Mcnerney), Cromney, & Kinger. Oh the stories I could tell.....:D
We actually met gbanker at The South Fork Lodge, started talking and had dinner. Funny thing is neither of us realized we were members of NAFFF until days later when he posted a thread about his wanderings in the Jackson area.
I've also met JClampworks when doing a material swap, and hope to meet up with Wovenstonefly before too long, he lives just South of me.

Davo

Reaction score
Dave

I've fish quite a bit with Fyshstykr and Mrs. Fysh over on the South Fork of the Snake. Also fished a few times Mcnerney and once last fall with cromney. Hope to fish more with them all this season as well as more of the members. If I don't get to fish with him before hand I look forward to meeting kglissmeyer1 at the Fly Tying Expo in Idaho Falls next month. And your still on the list as long as you bring the Cubans!! ;)

littledavid123

Reaction score
Dave

I've fish quite a bit with Fyshstykr and Mrs. Fysh over on the South Fork of the Snake. Also fished a few times Mcnerney and once last fall with cromney. Hope to fish more with them all this season as well as more of the members. If I don't get to fish with him before hand I look forward to meeting kglissmeyer1 at the Fly Tying Expo in Idaho Falls next month. And your still on the list as long as you bring the Cubans!! ;)
Be forewarned, I will also bring a fake cuban dog turd if you buy skunk beer. :D

Dave

mikel

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to fish with Jim (Bigfly) late last summer on the Truckee. I know I had a great time, even though hot August days are not the best up there...

Actually, that's where I heard about this forum for the first time, as he and I also hang out on a more local, Calif based forum...he was sure this was the place to be. Turns out he was right.

-Mike

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Back in 2008 I bought a used Hog Island drift boat and Davo offered to show me the basics of rowing, so we did a float together on the upper Green River near Pinedale, WY. Thanks again Davo for showing me some great tips in rowing a drift boat! That is where I first met Fysh and Davo. Since then we have floated a few times together on the middle Green and the South Fork. Since then I have fished with Clint (Cromney) and Josh (Kinger) on the middle Green a number of times with Fysh and Pam. Three years ago I did a float with Lambster on the North Platte over by Saratoga, WY and he was planning on returning last year but his house burnt to the ground so that trip was cancelled, we are trying to get that trip rescheduled. Last summer on a road trip out to Bend OR I met up with Kelly (gklissmeyer1) and he showed me his "No Tellum Spring Creek" and we fished together for a couple hours, we are hoping to get to fish with Kelly and his son this year. Last summer JJ (futuramille) was all set to come out to Sheridan, WY for a family reunion and he and I were planning on doing a float together on the Bighorn, but a project came up with his work and he had to cancel. Later on I had a trip setup to fish with Eric (Bighornflies) but then I had something come up and had to cancel (I'm hoping to get up there and finally meet and fish with him this spring. Last fall I fished with Kris (Crittergetter) on the San Juan. A couple years ago we had a trip planned for floating the lower Green below Flaming Gorge with Joni, Mojo, Fysh and Pam but the trip got snowed out, so I haven't had a chance to meet Joni and Mojo first hand yet, but someday! We have been talking for a couple years of doing a 2 day float together in the canyon section of the South Fork..............we're hoping it will come together this year! JJ (futuramille) and I have been planning on doing that Bighorn float, hopefully this will be the year, as well as finally getting to fish with Jimmie on his western state tour this summer. A couple years ago Davo and I had a float on the South Fork all setup with dorian.ducker (he isn't active anymore) but he cancelled at the last minute, but still came out to the launch site to wish us well (his wife was expecting so he didn't want to chance not being there).
Now that Allan (Pocono) is retired, maybe he will find time to come out west and do a float with us!
When JP (jbbfly) retires, I'm hoping we can finally get him over here from France to do some fishing with us!

Larry

cromney

Reaction score
Its all been stated but I've fished with Mr and Mrs Fysh, Mcnereny(Larry), Davo and Josh. I started rowing a drift boat with Larry and Mr and Mrs Fysh and have loved every second of it. From the sounds of it this list will get bigger this year and I'm really looking forward to it.

Last edited:

kglissmeyer1

Reaction score
I showed Larry (mcnerny) my favorite spring creek, but it was a skunk of a day and I had to leave early (sorry Larry, there really are some nice fish in there :icon_wink). I hope to redeem myself with him this year. I'm looking forward to a float trip with Davo and company this year as well.

Kelly.

kelkay

Reaction score
The only one I have fished with from this forum, is Bugman, and his wife. Both great anglers, and fly tyers. :D I don't guess I live near anyone else.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I showed Larry (mcnerny) my favorite spring creek, but it was a skunk of a day and I had to leave early (sorry Larry, there really are some nice fish in there :icon_wink). I hope to redeem myself with him this year. I'm looking forward to a float trip with Davo and company this year as well.

Kelly.
Kelly: We got skunked on that outing, but seeing those big bruisers come busting clear out of the water sure made my heart skip a beat and I want to return for a rematch! Thanks again for showing me that awesome water!

Larry

Last edited:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
We don't have a large contingent of Alaskan members but I do intend to meet up with Vance from Kenai one of these days. Now we have Nerka posting from the Anchorage area so maybe one day he and I will meet. There are a few others who have dropped from sight over the years also.

I was in Colorado a couple years back and wanted to meet fysh and Yatahey but schedules didn't work for that to happen. One of these years I'll either have to go down there for a couple weeks or someone needs to come here.

Ard

ausablebrown

Reaction score
I'm in the "I fished with a fellow member and didn't realize it until months later" club. I was talking about my April trip to Grayling MI and somebody chimed in and said he remembered me...we sat and watched two flying trout try to eat the caddis that wouldn't land in the water...We watched these trout go airborne for about a half hour chasing every caddis that flew over head; sometimes jumping their entire body length out of the water or higher. I can't remember who it was, but he's from southern Ohio and fishes the Mad river occasionally.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

We don't have a large contingent of Alaskan members but I do intend to meet up with Vance from Kenai one of these days. Now we have Nerka posting from the Anchorage area so maybe one day he and I will meet. There are a few others who have dropped from sight over the years also.

I was in Colorado a couple years back and wanted to meet fysh and Yatahey but schedules didn't work for that to happen. One of these years I'll either have to go down there for a couple weeks or someone needs to come here.

Ard
If you ever come back to your roots in PA for some fishing I'd love to spend an afternoon with you on Penns, or Fishing Creek. I might even show you my favorite creek...

crittergetter

Reaction score
I fished with Larry (Mcnerney) last summer. Watched him land several nice San Juan Rainbows from a very fast and deep dug bolder hole. He was gracious enough to help me out on why I was catching but not landing the fish. I don't think he missed a one during that float. I on the other hand broke off 3/4 of the big boy's.

I could say based on this read and my one experience with Larry.... There isn't a better forum and class of individuals on the World Wide Web. I would love to learn and fish with anybody when ever possible. Kudo's to you all.:thmbup:

Sorry no stories.. I can say I found another individual that appreciated a better beer than Missouri's own Bud. (not that Bud isn't bad) I just like my Ale's and Bock's more.

Kris (Crittergetter)

PS... I think Larry's ID Picture is one of those San Juan fisheeeeseee he landed that I didn't :&)

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I fished with Allan(Pocono) twice here in France and really enjoyed it although we were not very lucky once with the weather and once for I had to drive my wife to hospital during the night....Do hope to fish with all the great friends I have on the forum in the US:)

Davo

Reaction score
I honestly have to say that one of the best things for me about this Forum is all the great new fishing partners I have met!!! ;) And the ones I still have to go!!!

Davo

Reaction score
Larry

I think we are going to get a pretty good bunch member together for this area. We have a lot of great folks that are relatively local here. Not sure we have enough boats for everyone that would like to join us for an over nighter on the SF. :D

Chukwithak

Reaction score
Looks like I might to get to meet some of you WY guys. My buddy Paul, whom I met when we were both back country Elk hunting solo north of Craig, CO, bought a house in Pinedale. He was in Denver this weekend and we were just talking about how I have to come up to WY to do some fishing this summer. Lukewl and myself might be meeting this weekend for some fishing on the Blue.

Davo

Reaction score
Looks like I might to get to meet some of you WY guys. My buddy Paul, whom I met when we were both back country Elk hunting solo north of Craig, CO, bought a house in Pinedale. He was in Denver this weekend and we were just talking about how I have to come up to WY to do some fishing this summer. Lukewl and myself might be meeting this weekend for some fishing on the Blue.

Give us all a shout when you come up!!! Pinedale area is great fishing, New Fork and Green River, also the stepping off point for the Wind River Range.