Default Need Hackles?

Try here: Owlita
    Anthony Laurence
    www.anthonylaurence.net
    Web Developement and Design
    FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog

Default Re: Need Hackles?

Oh my.
    BTW...if you do need whiting capes/saddles, I do know of a source that has a large supply. He's not a sponsor here, so I guess you could pm me for his website.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by ant View Post
    Try here: Owlita
    I got feeling that couldnt keep my hands of that girl,of her ears to be precise

I like the colors of that 'prairie harvest' set-- but for 160- some bux...... Is the girl included in the price?

At those prices, I have an idea for a new business venture.... Those ARE kind of cool, though.

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

And they will sell you a single one!

It would be nice to kep track of the ladies that buy that stuff; because when they go out of style someone could clean up when they toss them...

Dan

Blog Entries

I've been hearing about this "Feather Craze" just what we need, more of a supply vs. demand for our newest fly tiers.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

I mentioned this craze/shortage to David at Featheremporium.com yesterday. He said its not effecting his inventory at all, and he is selling to that trade. I guess he has a pretty serious stash.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by HuronRiverDan View Post
    It would be nice to kep track of the ladies that buy that stuff; because when they go out of style someone could clean up when they toss them...

Dan
    Sure...I will volunteer

10. Default Re: Need Hackles?

I just got two VERY nice Capes from Conranch.com. Its run by Dennis Conrad and his daughter Liz. I called and spoke on the phone with Dennis before I ordered and after speaking with him I was confident I'd get the finest hackle from him and I'm glad I did. I have also purchased one from Collins Hackle farm, but am still waiting for it. Both Conranch and Collins came to me with strong recommendations from some of the best tyers I know one being a very well known and respected tyer in our area. The thing I like I'm really looking forward to about the Collins is that when you purchase Cape he includes the saddle also, which is outright amazing to me. In either case they are a lot less expensive then Whiting also and those capes I just recieved are as nice as the nicest whiting hackle I've ever seen.
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast