Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: special glove????

Default special glove????

I looking for one of those black mesh looking bag/gloves you see people using holding steelies. Im not sure if it helps grip them better or for protecting the fish. Were can I find one Thanks!!

Default Re: special glove????

Here is the only picture of what im talking about, its on the hand holding the tail,Thanks

http://www.miriverworks.com/mit.htm

is this what your looking for??

Kruggy, aren't you from Ohio? Backpackers in Sheffield has them. I got one a couple of weeks ago. Call and ask for Bill or David. They also ship out of the store.

I think Brian has them at Mad River Outfitters to...

Dan

Hi Everyone,

Here is the glove that Halo is talking about. I looked at some other types of gloves and I was concerned about removing slime or scales. This is a little different design than I was looking at. Has anyone use one of these or something similar? How much slim does it remove? With a tight grip around the tail it may not be a good choice but I don't know that.

Frank

MRW Michigan Mit

Thanks guys I appreciate the help!!! Pdq 5oh, Yeah I always go into backerpackers shop never looked for one, thanks I will pick one up next time im in there

kruggy, Backpackers is having a steelhead seminar tomorrow. 10-1. I'll be there.

Frank, the material in those gloves is about like the material used in the Catch and Release nets, it's pretty soft...

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks. I would still be concerned that when you tail a fish and grip it tightly with the glove, the slime would be rubbed off. It could be that the more secure grip is easier on the fish? I think it is hard to beat a wet hand if you have to pick it up.

Kruggy, if you buy one give us a report.

Frank