Leaking waders ... what to do? A new fix?

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Saw the following on another board and thought 'Now that is cool.' This is a cut/paste from that thread so the following is a bit out of context, but you'll get the point.

"Snagly, the silicon that I am talking about does come in a medium tube however it is only a 9.0 FL OZ tube and if you cut the hole small enough when you open it you can plug it with a small nail when your done and save the rest for a later date. It is super flexible silicon, extra fast drying time, ready to be subjected to water within one hour and cost about $7.00 to $9.00 depending on where you shop. I apply it to both the inside as well as the outside of the leak and have not had any failures. The great thing is the fast drying time and you do not have to add any patching material.

Product: GE Silicone II*, 2x STRETCH,1HOUR RAIN-READY (withstands extreme joint movement)"

Reactions: Ard

simms

Reaction score
I used to use GOOP...Were all too familiar with how well ORvis waders leak :) Since I switched to Simms, and my father switch to PAtagonia, we have not had a prob since... :)

Davo

Reaction score
I used to use GOOP...Were all too familiar with how well ORvis waders leak :) Since I switched to Simms, and my father switch to PAtagonia, we have not had a prob since... :)
Funny I have not patched waders since I went back to Orvis!!