Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I think I love flyfishing!

Default I think I love flyfishing!

So me and my family went out to San Diego to Sea World and we are checking out all of the animals. We came to the Polar Bears and I noticed there were Rainbows in the water for the bears food. So here I am sitting there watching the trout in the Polar Bear exhibit and trying to see what they are eating and thinking about dropping a hopper in there!! I think I love flyfishing!

Tight Lines!
    Scott
    Its all about the strike.
    CATCH-n-RELEASE

Default Re: I think I love flyfishing!

Why didn't you just go on up and seine the water? that's the best way to discover what aquatic insects abound--- I doubt the polar bears would've minded you being there....

And yes, I concur-- sounds like you love fly fishing---

You should have complained about the biodiversity of the bears native habitat and asked for grayling to be stocked as well. Just letting yah know there are several steps beyond "loving to fly fish" lol

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    You should have complained about the biodiversity of the bears native habitat and asked for grayling to be stocked as well. Just letting yah know there are several steps beyond "loving to fly fish" lol

Dave
    I think its just easier to get Rainbows.
    Its all about the strike.
    CATCH-n-RELEASE

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post

Dave
    If that was the case, they should have seals in the tank
    Or for some real action, turn that Nanook lose in the walrus enclosure!

Polar bears dont eat much if any fresh water game fish. There would be some polar bear and rainbow habitat crossever here, but also arctic char. Most of the summer when those fish would be accessible most bears are off shore on the ice shelves hunting seals.

Up here they will turn a bunch of pinks loose in the bears zoo enclosure for life enrichment or whatever the hot button word is nowadays.

The last thing I will say hopefully without hijacking this thread is that it seriously does bug me when a bunch of lower 48ers raised heck for years about the Alaska Zoo having a elephant in this colder environment but I have seen polar bears all over southern California and I felt horrible for the polar bear I saw in the Melbourne Australia zoo panting heavily at 85, I can only imagine how the bear does at 100+

OK sorry about that...