Aztec Anglers

Fish Bones

Reaction score
[img2="left"]http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=235&stc=1&d=1149019474[/img2]San Juan River Guide Service

Hello folks... in case you've been wondering why I've not spent much time on the forum lately... its because I've been busy putting together a new business and website.

I have opened Aztec Anglers which is a premier guide service for fly fishing the San Juan River in New Mexico. We'll be offering float trips and wade trips on this magnificent fishery. All of our guides have many years of experience on the San Juan.

If you get the time, please take a look at the new website at www.aztecanglers.com I'd like your feedback on the site. I'm curious to see how it loads on different computers and different browsers.

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

tightlines57

Reaction score
Just browsed through using Firefox and did not have any problems. I think I hit all the links you have on the site. The site really looked nice. I love history and associating the company with the Aztec and the history of the area was very interesting to me.

Just a side note and if I'm off base is saying this let me know, I will not be offended. I did not see the names of any guides. On several other sites I have seen the names of the guides. However, I have not done a lot of searching for guides so I am not sure what the accepted practice is.

Chris Hewett

Reaction score
The Full Creel said:
[img2="left"]

If you get the time, please take a look at the new website at I'd like your feedback on the site. I'm curious to see how it loads on different computers and different browsers.
It loaded quickly and clearly on internet explorer 6.0. I have a very fast line here so the page opening speed is ok for me.
I saw two click me links on the about us page that were not activated.
I also saw a couple of typos and missed words but nothing serious.

I was about to write and tell you to sneak a "fly girls" photo or two in the gallery when I got to the last page... Nice touch.

The fly chart, and weather page and nice to have.

I did not try to book on line so I do not know if that works but I did find the explanatory boxes labeled 'appt available' and 'no appt available' somewhat confusing. Hopefully it will be more clear as the calendar gets filled in.

One other thing to add once things get rolling is a 'current report' page where the guides or someone puts up current fishing reports and conditions.

good luck

Fish Bones

Reaction score
Hey Guys...

Thanks for the input. I'll soon be putting together a guide bio page. I suppose you have a point... listing the names of the guides with a little information on them will make for a more humanly touch.

Salmo... please give my the typo's and dead links that you saw.

I agree that the trip scheduler may be a little confusing. I hope that doesn't become an issue. The folks who really prefer to book online are probably computer savvy enough to figure it out... everyone else will just call anyway.

A current stream report will be nice too.

Thanks,
Steve

Chris Hewett

Reaction score
on the about us page...
Added Bonuses
We’re also going to give you several added bonuses. These include a %25 Gear Discount Voucher, a nymphing book, a casting book… For more info Click Here
This click here is dead. also note the % sign ahead of the 25.

same page....
Package Deal
Aztec Anglers will be happy to arrange a package deal including guiding and lodging. We exclusively use Enchanted Hideaway Lodge which offers the nicest lodging in the area. For more info Click Here
This click here is dead.

on the our trips page....
Bring your waders on the float trip because your guide may to wade some select spots along the way.
there is a word missing after the word may.

same page....
This river is a broad and shallow so it’s easily accessible to the wading angler.
extra word 'a' before the word broad.

that's all I saw in a quick scan

STARMedic

Reaction score
From what is probably the slowest computer logged onto the forums here....The page loaded well and had no trouble navigating anything.....The photos were also well laid out and didnt bog this machine down....

Bruce

fshfanatic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks good. The only thing I dont care for is that the actual content only fills the middle 3rd of the page. Kinda crapped for me.

If it were me, I would widen the contenet area by 20% & at the resolution I have my Monitor set at 1152 X 864 the text is tiny