Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dvd

1. Question Dvd

Whats the best Fly fishing DVD out there for a newbe ? Haven't done this in about 40 or so years and wasn"t any good thenare maybe a good book on flyfishing ?/
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dvd

There are a lot of DVD's out there, but until someone answers you with a title have a poke around on YouTube, there is lots there albeit some of it is not really good, but there is lots that are very good. Sounds like a "Welcome back to our addiction" is in order.
    Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.

Blog Entries

I don't know about being the best but I really liked: Fly Fishing Tips by the Traveling Fly Fisherman by Jack Dennis, Gary LaFontaine and Mike Lawson. It is a two DVD set and is packed with valuable tips.

Larry

The Basic Flyfishing by Doug Swisher was pretty good; don't know if it's still available though.

Dan

5. Default Re: Dvd

I don't think any DVD can beat the internet itself. There is just so much info available vs. often times limited or outdated info on any one DVD. Meanwhile....Google Basic Fly Fishing Tips - or How to get started in FlyFishing - and you get tons of info - including direction to youtube and other videos - that could never be packed into any set of DVDs. You can also tailor your search....ie: trout fishing your regional area. This site is also a great example. Have a question about how to perform some technique, etc ? Just post it and you get alot of responses. However - having said that - one of my favorite DVD's is "Succesful Flyfishing Strategies with Gary LaFontaine & Dick Sharon".....I initially watched this for educational reasons - but I still like to watch it now and again for the great comedy/camraderie these 2 guys shared. Mr. Lafontaine passed a few years ago - but he is a legend in the field of flyfishing.

6. Default Re: Dvd

Hey Thanks guys , Will look at all that,have been doing some of the google stuff and does have alot of infor. will check out the other

THANKS
    MERRY X-MAS TO EVERYONE