Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Default Re: OK, enough of winter already!

Pretty crazy huh? The day with the guys going out in dark, I stopped counting rigs at 170. I'm sure we hit the 200 mark easily at that boat ramp. I had the 170 at 9:30 in the morning and they were still coming at a pretty steady clip. I've seen guys push 20' fiberglass boats over 30' of shore ice to get out in that. By the way, the Lake is still frozen solid like a brick.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Tell me about 'Enough Already!' My area here in Southern Oregon is still heavy in Pear Orchards. Two of the last three nights (like now) air temps have dropped below freezing (Tuesday it was 27 degrees at 0500). As the trees are in full bloom this means 'on go the fans and 'Orchard Heaters.' (AKA smudge pots.)

Step out side and between the circulating smoke and the rotating fans it sounds/smells like a mini-repeat of Nam. Save for no bullets flying.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Sorry guys, I started wet wading a month ago.

Then again, my thermostat's been on AC 24/7 for a week now...
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

This winter has been one for the record books here in Minnesota. And I fished at least 3/month through the entire winter season. We set the record this year in my hometown for most consecutive days below freezing (as a daytime high). Something like ~80, I think. Thank God for spring creeks. They're always the same temperature. But now I'm ready for spring hatches and morel mushrooms.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
    Sorry guys, I started wet wading a month ago.

Then again, my thermostat's been on AC 24/7 for a week now...
    45 and sunny is warm enough to wet wade!

Thumbs down Re: OK, enough of winter already!

Today's prediction is a high of 64 - 68 degrees. At 0630 it was 28; now 0800 and a balmy 34 ....

Actually just turned up the furnace as I'm FREEZING!

Frack ......
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

It's 11:00 in the morning on May 1st. Do I have May flowers? Or even April showers? Nope! It's 27 degrees and snowing hard. I have at least an inch on the ground and the weather prediction is a high of 34. They always guess high here. Good grief I'm tired of it.

More of same here DD. 32 at 0630 and we've zoomed all the way up to 42 at 0900. Going to be another hot, sweltery day, same as yesterday ...

Damned glad I've held off pruning my Roses. Which should have been done at least two weeks ago. My Rainier Cherry tree has leafed out .. the two Peaches? Not even a whisper of bud break so far.

Think I'll watch some TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    It's 11:00 in the morning on May 1st. Do I have May flowers? Or even April showers? Nope! It's 27 degrees and snowing hard. I have at least an inch on the ground and the weather prediction is a high of 34. They always guess high here. Good grief I'm tired of it.
    i feel ya man, we just got another foot here. luckily it melts within 2-3 days now. but i just want it to stop. i can still fish the rivers, but once the runoff happends and the rivers are totally blown out. so hopefully that wont happen till im employed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    Larry is right....you're nutsDan don't know if it'll comfort you but....we ate cherries in the garden today

Default Anyone close by?

Quote Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
    Larry is right....you're nutsDan don't know if it'll comfort you but....we ate cherries in the garden today

This man must be hunted down and 'removed' from the Gene Pool.

Just saying, just saying ....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast