Dream fishing

Bigfly

Reaction score
Maybe it's because I focus on fishing a bit, but once in a while I fish in my sleep. Sometimes I replay a set on a fish I saw recently, occasionally I stalk an unknown fish, then again, I may replay an unpleasant incident where Walter got away. Full color and all. Anybody else honest, or dreamy enough to weigh in?
Have you awakened yourself setting, after a big day?
You have to admit, it's better than dreams of falling.

Noiso

Reaction score
. . . or of being at work.
I dream about fishing all the time - weird wonderful surreal dreams with lots of fish in the water.

arfishinbear

Reaction score
Dude,
Not only do I dream of fish my wife says I talk about it in my sleep.
Bear

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
When I dream of fishing it is usually to some exotic location or maybe some exclusive fly out fishing lodge....hooking into nothing but monster fish!

Larry

MoscaPescador

Reaction score
This dog is a hard core fishing dog. He dreams about fishing all the time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2BgjH_CtIA"]YouTube- Bizkit the Sleep Walking Dog[/ame]

Maybe squirrels?

MP

FrankB2

Reaction score
I have to go to my happy place when falling asleep, and guess what
that is. :D I do dream about fishing as well. Thinking about it just now, I don't
recall catching fish in my dreams, just being out on a stream. It's almost time
for bad, so I'll have to put my waders and vest on...LOL!

wilky

Reaction score
i used to dream of fishing alot espesially after a long day out on the boat fishing for cod and mackeral always relived catching the best catches of the day :) and the ones that got away taking half my lineand tackle with it :mad: but better than dreaming about work lol

vince

Rip Tide

Reaction score
Back in high school, I use to daydream in class about fly fishing and the outdoors to survive the boredom.
Practicing my cast in my mind became a such a constant 'tape loop' that I often went to sleep with it running at night and woke to it in the morning.
Writing about this now, it sounds a little disturbing to me :eek:, but it sure helped me with my stroke

yatahey

Reaction score
The 2010 Plans thread got me all juiced up thinking about that high mountain lake with the big Colorado Greenbacks and I dreamt about it night before last.

Walter1023

Reaction score
I've dreamed of flyfishing....mostly replays of some memorable moments. The craziest thing was once when I attempted to set the hook so violently - I awoke to realize I wasn't in a stream but just staring at my pillow....talk about a let down.

Bigfly

Reaction score
Dan, tying counts to me. I suggest you test them tonight. Say hi to Walter for me.
Yesterday I missed a very large brown on a sz 22 dry midge. Last night I played that horrible moment over and over. Talk about bad dreams.

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
It's kinda off subject, but I used to dream all the time that I was flying. No plane, Superman style! When I first started, I made some bad landings, but the more I did it, the better I got. I haven't had a flying dream in years. I miss them. They are a lot better than those horrible 'finding yourself at work in your underwear':eek: dreams.