Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default posting from photobucket

For those of you who try to post from photobucket, here is what happens when you do it the wrong way and the right way.
    The wrong way is to copy the Direct link address from photobucket and then simply paste it with your commentary.
    The correct way, is to copy the direct link under your photobucket picture, then when you come here to post it, you click on the little yellow box just above your text box. It looks like a small mountain in a small square and is meant for adding the url of the picture you want to add.
    You click on it then a small box comes up with http:// shown in blue. Do not click on it at all, simply right click and then click on paste, or if you have a Mac you hit "command v" and the url will be put in your dialogue box correctly and you will get the same results I did in the second picture.
    The empty brown box occurs if you do not utilize the icon for adding a picture.
    Hope this helps......Kerry

[ame]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/Inconnu_2006/LilCorky1.jpg[/ame]

Last edited by Kerry Pitt; 02-09-2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: adding explanation
    Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.

Blog Entries

Default Re: posting from photobucket

Beautiful tying Kerry.....................................

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

One of your earlier flies?

Blog Entries

Okay smarty pants!

Here are the pictures. I found these at a shop somewhere, I can't remember where. The one is obviously manufactured for retail and the other is a copy, or an attempt at it. I thought it was kind of cool to find them. Now don't you feel bad about mocking my efforts??!!

Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.

That first one looks like one of those flying fish filet ads.

Blog Entries

Crazy looking flies, I thought the first one was some sort of fire cracker tied to a hook with a feather on top!

Larry

Blog Entries

Yep, the second fly looks like saturday morning with runny mascara.
    I have no sea where they came from but I kind of liked them.

Hopefully this description at the first post was of some help to folks.
    Off to work I go.......Kerry

Those are 1920's vintage fly rod lures.
    The second one looks like a "Peck's Feathered Minnow" from the E.H. Peckinpaugh Co
    A very early bass bug

http://www.warmwaterflyfisher.com/cl...Bass%20Bug.htm
    Last edited by Rip Tide; 02-10-2010 at 12:14 PM.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

Blog Entries

Rip,

You never cease to amaze me with your uncanny depth of knowledge regarding vintage and odd tackle items!!!

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Thanks Rip! I payed nothing for them, I just liked the look of them and the second one in the second post looks like it was home made, sort of to emulate the first one. Nice to have a bit of info on them!
    Last edited by Kerry Pitt; 02-10-2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast