Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Abel nippers?

Default Abel nippers?

So I got to check these things out yesterday and they seemed pretty nice. But $50 to $100 on nippers? Is it worth it? I guess that is the fly fishing tool most of us use the most. What are your thoughts? Plus I worry that the eye cleaner is a little small to clean out the paint from bass popper, salt flies etc.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: Abel nippers?

Quote Originally Posted by maccadon3000 View Post
    So I got to check these things out yesterday and they seemed pretty nice. But $50 to $100 on nippers? Is it worth it? I guess that is the fly fishing tool most of us use the most. What are your thoughts? Plus I worry that the eye cleaner is a little small to clean out the paint from bass popper, salt flies etc.
    P T Barnum was right: "There's one born every minute." That said, this question has been raised before and apparently there are a hell of a lot of people willing to write the check.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Yeah, we sliced and diced this one already pretty well:
    Are you ready for this price

Gary

I'm sorry about that guys. I do appreciate the link though. Thank you and take care.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Thumbs up Re: Abel nippers?

Not to worry, happens all the time.

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Abel nippers sound like something a politician would want to buy alot of.
    With someone elses money, of coarse!

I realize this has been hashed out in the other thread but I thought I'd toss my two cents in. I have not purchased a set of Abel nippers, yet. I say yet because at some time in the future I hope to. My stance is simple, these are very cool and if I have the extra cash why not, fifty bucks is not all the money in the world. For someone to bag on the decision makes no sense to me. I would have to ask, is every thing you own strictly utilitarian? Everyone likes to own nice things and if you have the money there is absolutely zero need to justify the purchase, they are cool therefore I will purchase them- period.

8. Likes troutnut4 liked this post

I bet you won't find em @ Costco!