Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New Member Intro

Default New Member Intro

Hello all, had a few posts here, figured I'd introduce myself. Live in the great state of GA been fly fishing for about two years I suppose however I don't get on the water nearly as much as I should for a couple of reasons.

Originally from the coast where I didn't fly fish too much (although I had a walmart fly rod and still have it to this day) but did lots of inshore fishing for tarpon, sharks, trout, etc... Moved to Atlanta last year and figured I needed some activity that would get me outside and away from the hustle and bustle so I decided to try fly fishing again. Fished on the Chatahoochee and drove up to Western North Carolina to a family place that we have.

Moved recently within Georgia for law school where I currently am. One of the reasons I don't get on the water too much is because my nose is buried in the books. I do sneak in some fishing books in every once in awhile for a nice reprieve. Only fly fished for trout but will probably try it out on some shoal bass around here cause I am going crazy.

Anyway thanks for the info (and much needed distraction). Long story short, that article someone posted about "what a fly shop won't tell you", I am the "dangerous fisher stocked with the plethora of knowledge without the experience to try it out" (although I certainly don't use my feaux knowledge to try and one up folks). Such is life. I figure if I can't get out on the water, reading and learning certainly can't hurt.

Default Re: New Member Intro

Welcome to the Forum...

Dan

I have followed your posts. Welcome to the forum.
    Dave Watts
    dmwphoto@mac.com

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.

Blog Entries

Welcome fishtacos!
    You keep your nose in those books young man. I am quite sure more than one of us here will require a good attorney! We'll all take you fishing once you pass the bar.
    ~Noiso
    "By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will like it.

Blog Entries

Hi,

Welcome to the best & fastest growing group of on line fly fishers. I used to live in Newnan GA. and was a fixture in the Cohutta Wilderness Area of North West GA. This would make a nice diversion when you find the time.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

fishtacos. There will be time after you hang that shingle. Let us know how it's going.

Hi fishtachos,

I can't think of a better way to unwind and refresh that spending time on a Ga. stream. Since it has been snowing in Ga. I guess your drought is over. That will be good for the fishing.

Frank

Blog Entries

QUOTE:Hi fishtachos,that's funny Frank
    Welcome muchacho(s) on the best flyfishing forum on the planet

Yup only 4 and a half more semesters. Ha.

I haven't fished a ton up in N.Ga because I'd either fish the hooch or go up to Western North Carolina. I have heard great things about lots of the water up there and will eventually get up there.

Water I've fished the most is the small streams of the blue ridge and smokey mtns as well as some of the tailwater streches up in that area.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Look forward to getting to know y'all.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

And also, my folks are still in Coastal Georgia (Savannah to be exact) so I plan to get into some saltwater when time permits. (You probably noticed my multiple saltwater rig questions).