Problem

axle27

Reaction score
Would like some views on this:

I purchased a Rio Mainstream WF7F line from Ebay for $17 shipped. It was advertised as new.

I RECEIVED a Cortland 333HT WF7F Rocket Taper. I left an email for the guy to see if he inadvertently shipped the incorrect line. I'll follow this through, but I have a question.

Seeing that I'll be using this line for smallmouth, should I bite the bullet and keep the line or should I work the system, get a refund, and buy the Rio line.

Thanx, guys.

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too pleased about receiving a line that you didn't want, but be consoled that a 333 is worth every cent of $17
I have 7-8 of them and paid much more.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with the guys, it may come down to a matter of principle for you but if the line is new either would represent a value.

FrankB2

Reaction score
I had a Cortland 333 6wt line on my lake rig when it went overboard, and sunk
to the bottom. It worked fine for me, and I had no complaints. If you didn't
have your mind set on the Rio Mainstream, I'd say the 333 should work just as
well. If you want to make a point, give the seller negative feedback (assuming
he doesn't offer to send a new line, and cover shipping the 333 back).

axle27

Reaction score
The guy replied to the email stating he was sorry for the mixup. He has already sent the correct fly line in the mail.

He said I could return the Cortland or keep it for $7 off. That's $10.

A Cortland line for $10? I might just keep it and line my old Pflueger 1494 1/2 with it.

dmwphoto

Reaction score
well in my opinion he has certainly earned excellent feedback and I would keep that line for that price.

axle27

Reaction score
It seems like an honest mistake. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, depending on the deal. It's what I'm trying to teach my oldest son right now, he's 15. No matter what happens, you almost have to get burned a few times before you can trust your instinct on a bad deal.

If it smells, looks or sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
If it smells, looks or sounds bad, it usually is.

I sent him an email back to confirm the second line price of $10. If so, I'll keep it.