My brother-in-law...

axle27

Reaction score
is a kick in the shorts.

He tells me that we might not be doing a smallie float trip that we've been talking about for months because he doesn't know if he's got the time-off available.

In the same breath, he tells me he's going to Jackson Hole, WY this weekend. TO SKI!!!!! I almost stroked out when he told me. He's going to Jackson Hole to SKI!!!! I told him that he was out of his mind, take a fly rod and work the streams.

THEN, he tells me that he just found out that one of his good buddies has a time share in Jackson Hole and he's gonna try to rig up either an Elk hunt or a trout trip. Guess which one I'm lobbying for?

He's killing me...

ant

Reaction score
Tell him if he keeps it up you'll demote him to cousin-in-law. :D

But if he doesn't want to go, grab another buddy and go. Don't miss the chance of a great trip because of him.

raindogt

Reaction score
I agree with ant-- grab another friend and go on the planned trip-- To each his own is what I say. Maybe he can't take that much time off (not just any time off) and would rather spend his time skiing.

Maybe if you didn't 'outfish' him everytime... You gotta let him win every once in a while.... :D

Hope it doesn't stop you from going.

axle27

Reaction score
He's a good guy. He's come up here to deer hunt with me and we've fished together on the coast of SC. He's just got a dream setup: about 35, single, house, works for a major company, the whole thing. Grass grows greener, I know. But, I would never have known him if I had not married his sister. In that regard, it's worth it.

Beyond all that, it was his idea. Hell, I bought a 7wt specifically for this trip. I'm in the process of putting the last bits together. I even got free room and board through my relatives in that area. I'm not miffed at him, at least I know up front rather than be there that day and get jilted. Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do (or whatever his spousal unit allows) :D

Oh, I might still go. Haven't decided yet. My son wants to fish something aweful, but I don't know if I'll float it or not. Fitting the bill for the whole thing is not what I budgeted for.