Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Different fishing......

Default Different fishing......

Im interested to see how many of the members here fish with different rigs than fly fishing.... Bait casting, spinning, salt, fresh, or do you stick primarliy to Fly fishing?

Thanks,

Bruce

2. Default Re: Different fishing......

The only time I have picked up a rod that wasnt a fly rod in the last 5 or so yrs was when I went fishing for flathead cats with a buddy last yr and I fish probably 5 times a month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3. Default Re: Different fishing......

I'm pretty much fly fishing only

Default Re: Different fishing......

Unless I'm with the kids I only use a fly rod.
    "Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after"
    Henry David Thoreau

5. Default Re: Different fishing......

90% is with the fly rod. I will go after the occasional cat and sometimes get out one of my four bass rods. When I just want to sit, drink beer and smoke a nice cigar I will put on some stink bait and go after cats. It's what I call "sittin fishin".

6. Default Re: Different fishing......

i try to be about 50/50. getting ready to take the tarp off of the boat and head out for the day. been steelie fishing during the week and now it's time to play with my boat.

7. Default Re: Different fishing......

i run an ultralite spinning reel on the flyrod when I go for natives in the brushy stuff. i fish minnows that way with deadly results.

lf
    May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~Irish Blessing

Default Re: Different fishing......

I will generally break out the baitcasting or spinning gear if I am wanting to fish more than 8' deep and for a few other situations. I have been known to use the 3wt to catch sunfish that then become bait for catfish on a baitcaster. I'll keep fishing for sunnies and just watch the big rod for action. But I bet I end up doing 95% of my fishing with a fly rod.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

9. Default Re: Different fishing......

In the last 5 years or so the only time i have caught fish on anything besides a fly rod is on a hand jigger while fishing for mackeral.

10. Default Re: Different fishing......

Trout: Strictly fly rod anymore.
    Bass: I have several bass gear rods but have pretty much switched over to my 6wt and clousers.
    Salt: Heavy salt gear for the tuna trips. I'd go to the fly; however, that heavy salt/fly equipment is just too expensive and the boats that I generally fish off of San Diego, don't normally permit somebody swinging a fly rod around on deck.
    Cats: Tightlines nailed it with the "sitting-n-fishin" Sometime you just can't beat a six pack and a lawn chair under a shade tree.....:
    The head, the tail, the whole damn thing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast