Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Uni-Tray II

Default Uni-Tray II

Does anyone use a Uni-Tray II for their thread and do you find it worth the money??

I was looking at them today and I thought they were pretty neat.

Popperfly >-<(((((*>

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Default Re: Uni-Tray II

That is neat. If I didn't have a pretty good set-up for thread in my travel case (a Plano tackle box) I'd get one of those.

Blog Entries

I have two of them. Over time, the hinges will wear out, and the latch will slip. I think that it is a bit overpriced at $30ish retail.

Dennis

It seems like that would be an easy project to put together for less than $30.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

I'm a huge fan of the old Dewitt boxes with the stainless steel hinges. This particular size is perfect for the travel box for floss and thread:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
    I have two of them. Over time, the hinges will wear out, and the latch will slip. I think that it is a bit overpriced at $30ish retail.

Dennis
    I will never buy anything that has plastic folding hinges like that. I got fooled into that scam once and I learnt my lesson. I bought two "bug luggage" boxes for about 20 each and they lasted two seasons before the hinges began to tear apart; once it started it was a matter of 20 more open/close and the two halves came apart.

That's what I love about the Dewitt boxes: their hinges are indestructible, and the boxes themselves pretty much are. They can really have an odd odor, though. LOL, I'm not kidding.
    Yours in tidiness,
    Gary

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Oh, and Jason, you knew this was coming: the left half of the pile are Dewitt boxes. Told ya I liked 'em!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
    That's what I love about the Dewitt boxes: their hinges are indestructible, and the boxes themselves pretty much are. They can really have an odd odor, though. LOL, I'm not kidding.
    Yours in tidiness,
    Gary

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Oh, and Jason, you knew this was coming: the left half of the pile are Dewitt boxes. Told ya I liked 'em!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Yeah, just stop by Gary's warehouse...I mean shop...I mean tying desk and pick up a dozen of them boxes.

Hope your dog doesn't decide to wag his tail by that precarious pyramid of prized thread holders!!

LOL, he just shrugs his shoulders and heads for the food bowl when I get to stacking things up here in the cave.
    It's all fun,
    Gary