Guess what came in the post today

mojo

Reaction score

Ferrule plug

Cork reel seat with the Hardy hardware

Cork cap for the tube

And I gave it to my fantastic wife. Early Mothers Day.
Many thanks again for you guys voting for me. I couldn't have done it without NAFF

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Mojo: What a beautiful glass rod and reel! That was a big score, congrats again and what a great idea to give it to Joni! With all those brownie points, you shouldn't have any honey-do list items for at least six months! LOL!:D

Larry

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I really, Really Like those rods! They do a beautiful job on them don't they? So glad to have helped with it. Excellent reel BTW.

Ard

littledavid123

Reaction score
I think it's a trick gentlemen, he is just saying he gave it to Joni so he doesn't have to let us borrow it.:D

Congratulations Mojo: Nice to know that we had a small part in helping a fellow forum member.

Dave

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a Hardy 7' 3wt feather weight that looks a lot like this rod. But it doesn't have the same reel seat hardware as this rod. I have not seen a set up like this rod before. Has anyone else see this set up before on a Hardy?

Frank

My reel seat looks like this picture.

mojo

Reaction score
Just to refresh everyones memory, and to the new members- this is the Hardy fiberglass rod that you guys and gals help me win in The Fiberglass Manifesto blog photo contest this past February. It finally got here (communications mix up).
Thanks to all that voted for me, thanks to Cameron Mortensen from TFM and to Jim Murphy from Hardy.
Fiberglass rod with 10% graphite in the butt section.
Frank, this is the same reel seat that I've seen on old Hardy bamboo rods. It's a classic look. The LRH is mine from long ago.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Nice rod Mojo!Offering the rod to your wife ....that's french galantry...got some french ancestors Mojo?:D:D
Sorry but English, German and Slavic. No French:)