Camera Decisions???

Piscator

Prospecting for Trout
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Looking at getting a new camera with the requirements of being waterproof. Here are the two choses that I know about. Do any of you own or have a opinion about either one? Or do you have other recommendations? If you have examples of photos taken with the following cameras please provide a link. Please feel free to make whatever comments, suggestions, pros, or cons that apply. Currently, leaning towards the Olympus because of the Shockproof feature as well as it construction. Also, if you know of a good web site that may have a good price for either camera I would appreciate passing it on to me.
Thanks,
Terry

Olympus Stylus 720 SW Digital Camera

Pentax Optio W10 Digital Camera

ffffg

Reaction score
a point to ponder... how about a medium priced camera and a pelican waterproof case? . ill bet a lot cheaper and you wont loose much in the quick devaluation that we see in digital cameras.. just a thought... i saw some real nice pellican cell phone cases the other day, and i was thinking of that when i read your post... dave..

Fish Bones

Reaction score
I recently bought a Pentax Optio. Its digital... Its very small... It takes great pics... and most of all, its WATER PROOF. I love it!!!

dukeofurl

Reaction score
as I always say my cell phone really works out well, plus it's insured. My phone has bluetooth capabilities, so I just got a $30 bluetooth adapter for the computer, If I drop it in the water and it breaks so be it. Cingular will give me another one. Why pay for cell phone insurance if your not going to be a little risky.
Dukeofurl
Cell phone pic I took today of a kid I helped to learn to fly fish.

Good enough for me to prove that I caught something I figure

BigCliff

Reaction score
I've got a pentax optio WPi that I like very well. It is waterproof, compact, has a plenty big lcd screen, and is priced about the same as similar non-waterproof cameras out there. I need to use it more and post more pictures, but never really have gotten into the habit of using it very often.

Joni

Reaction score
I am a lover of the Pentax. I have the Optio S4i which is not water proof or resistant but so small it works great for me. The ol' man has the Optio43WR which is a couple of years old and probably replaced by the one you have posted. Fantastic MAC on these cameras. Granted I got them for a real good price due to the store, but I would pay full price for these cameras. I beat the heck out of mine at the lodge and it is also several years old and still works like a champ.

P.S. his takes AA batteries which in my opinion is a PLUS.

Troutnut

Reaction score
I really like the Pentax Optio WPi. It's the 6MP waterproof one. I hear the new ones are quite a bit better.