Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Northern Adirondack Conditions Update for Northern New York Rivers

Blog Entries

Default Northern Adirondack Conditions Update for Northern New York Rivers

27" of snow covered every inch of the river banks way up in Northern New York this past weekend, but guess what.... that did not put the kibosh on trout fishing. I'm happy to say that although the fishing was extremely slow, tough going, the water cold, the rocks as slick as ever -- our group landed a 25" Wild Brown on Saturday for the main event.

A few more guys are scheduled to head out this morning with a guide on the same stretch of water, but papa bear had to unfortunately head back to work. Will update with conditions and details -- but I expect the river to be worse than it was this weekend due to runoff.

Pix of the hog coming asap.

until then... tight lines -- even in the snow!

2. Default Re: Northern Adirondack Conditions Update for Northern New York Rivers

Where abouts are you papa. With 27" i would say in the Malone lion mtn area ? . I am in canton. Don't fish the rivers much but do fish a lot of the ponds down in the mountains. Fished moose and Hoel Saturday with out much luck. I also joined a hunting club that has about 12 miles on the St.Regis and a privet pond with brookies and bows. Cant wait to see your pictures

Blog Entries

Default Re: Northern Adirondack Conditions Update for Northern New York Rivers

Quote Originally Posted by jd110tlb View Post
    Where abouts are you papa. With 27" i would say in the Malone lion mtn area ? . I am in canton. Don't fish the rivers much but do fish a lot of the ponds down in the mountains. Fished moose and Hoel Saturday with out much luck. I also joined a hunting club that has about 12 miles on the St.Regis and a privet pond with brookies and bows. Cant wait to see your pictures

While I won't say exactly where -- it is within 3 hours of Malone.

I don't have the photos back of the 25" just yet from the guy that shot them (left my memory card home, sheesh) but here is a video I just uploaded today of two nice browns taken just this past weekend on May 2nd. One is 18", the other was 21".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDPTKMwNROo]YouTube - May 2, 2010 two beauties 2010_05_04_09_52_00.wmv[/ame]