Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Multiple fly rigs

I have a question regarding fishing with multiple rigs. Often times when spin fusing for crappie I will tie on a jig above an online spinner, I typically just tie the top jig in through the hook eyelet with e ver very large tag in and then just tie the spinner to that. When fishing multiple flies like a hopper and a dropper do you do this or take another piece of tippet material and tie it to the dropper and the bend of the hopper hook? I am just wanting to try this out this year and want to know how it us best done.

Thanks

Default Re: Multiple fly rigs

Hi Lancer09,

Back in the 40's one of the most popular fly/lure was a Colorado Spinner. They were made for fly rods with no real weight to them. Smallmouth loved them. Back then there were no spinning rods in the states.

Frank

Blog Entries

Default Re: Multiple fly rigs

Quote Originally Posted by lancer09 View Post
    I have a question regarding fishing with multiple rigs. Often times when spin fusing for crappie I will tie on a jig above an online spinner, I typically just tie the top jig in through the hook eyelet with e ver very large tag in and then just tie the spinner to that. When fishing multiple flies like a hopper and a dropper do you do this or take another piece of tippet material and tie it to the dropper and the bend of the hopper hook? I am just wanting to try this out this year and want to know how it us best done.

Thanks

i use both those techniques interchangeably, it makes no real difference, they both catch fish.