Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Catch of the Day

Thought I'd share some pictures of my recent trip...

Read my Journal for details...

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after"
    Henry David Thoreau

2. Default Re: Catch of the Day

Nice fish! Where were you? Doesn't look like anywhere in Longview?!
    [edit]
    just read your journal entry, sounds like a great time. How far is that from Longview? I lived in Nacogdoches for 8 years and have a good friend who is a band director near longview.

Default Re: Catch of the Day

Might that be the new section of the Evening Hole Project behind you, or is that just a section of the LMF I don't recognize?

For those not familiar, LMF= Lower Mountain Fork River, a tailwater in SE Oklahoma near Broken Bow that is the nearest trout fishery for us north and northeast Texans, as well as many others in surrounding states.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Might that be the new section of the Evening Hole Project behind you, or is that just a section of the LMF I don't recognize?
    The Evening Hole is in Zone I just off of the Spillway Creek. I was in Zone II. The picture with me in it is near the Island Hole. It is pass, the Kissing Hole aka Mick Jagger Lips Hole. It's kind of big open slow moving water. I'm not really good at fishing that kind of water or any other kind for that matter. But I still try and I have a good time none the less.

just read your journal entry, sounds like a great time. How far is that from Longview? I lived in Nacogdoches for 8 years and have a good friend who is a band director near longview.
    No problem. Longview is about 2.5 hours away for LMF. I went to SFA for my degree for what seemed like 8 years according to my parents. I was born in Marshall and raised in Beckville and ran the backroads, cow trails and river bottoms, in most parts of East Texas so I probably know where your friend is a band director. Heck, I may even know him.

Anyway, I'm glad ya'll enjoyed the pictures and look forward to reporting next time my fly fishing adventures.

Note: I would like to see more people use the Journals to record their fly fishing experiences.

Thanks,
    Terry
    "Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after"
    Henry David Thoreau

5. Default Re: Catch of the Day

nice fish look very healthy!!!!!!!
    rabbit fur dubbing- $3.99

peacock hackle- $4.99

catching a fish on your own fly- priceless

6. Default Re: Catch of the Day

SWEEETTTT! Right on!

7. Default Re: Catch of the Day

Nice looking bow Terry. I haven't fished that part of Z2 before, mainly just around OPD area. But I have often wanted to try in that direction.

You may have to guide me in that area sometime.
    The beauty and peace of a quiet morning with trout rising to the fly is the best relief of job pressure you can have.

I appreciate the comments.

Austin anytime your ready I will be more than willing to go fly fishing with you.

Thanks,
    Terry
    Henry David Thoreau

9. Default Re: Catch of the Day

Terry, looks like you had a great trip! Each time I go up to Tyler to visit my mom, I just never am left with enough time to get on up to LMF. Never have been, wanted to for years. Reading your journal, will force me to do better in time management.
    Thanks!Bob