orvis clearwater or redington red. fly ????

kayakcruser

Reaction score
i returned my orvise steamline, just not what i'm looking for. so now my question is should i get the orvis clearwater or the redinton red. fly??

Joni

Reaction score
Well, considering Orvis use to Own Reddington, I would and have one of the Clearwaters. Great 9' 5wt mid flex 7.5.

freeze69

Reaction score
get ahold of steve at the full creel and see what he can do for you. he put me into a tfo for around a 100.

HCR

Hill Country Rods
Reaction score
Guys don't forget about us.

Our rods are better and cheaper. (IMHO)

Joni

Reaction score
kayakcruser said:
is 9ft to bulky u think??
What do you fish for. I personally thing a 9ft 5wt is a great all perpose rod and the rod of choice if you only have one choice.

fshfanatic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
HCR said:
Guys don't forget about us.

Our rods are better and cheaper. (IMHO)
Guys/Gals, HCR sent me a rod 8' 5wt 4piece for the trip I was just on, and I must say, it performed incredibly. It was dropping dries on a dime, very tight loops, and handled nymphs and streams very well..

Report to follow tomorrow. I am very tired.

HCR

Hill Country Rods
Reaction score
Joni said:
Do you have unconditional warranty?
Yes. No questions asked warranty.
We have a group buy going on right now also.

Joni

Reaction score
BigCliff said:
Just to clarify, is the warranty included in the regular price of the rod?
Thanks Big Cliff, that is what I wanted to know. I hate Surprises and small print. I think they should be outlawed (small print that is)

fshfanatic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
From what I understand you can have a "No questions asked lifetime warrentee" for an additional $35. Yea, Yea, you shouldnt have to pay extra, however, HCR is discounting his rods substatially. So, it shouldnt be that tough to cough up a couple extra bucks.

HCR

Hill Country Rods
Reaction score
Warranty Cost: The Hill Country Rods Limited Warranty works as follows for original retail purchasers only:
Year 1 (No Charge to consumer*) 0-12 months
Year 2 (Consumer pays 25% of MSRP and shipping*) 13-24 months
Year 3 (Consumer pays 50% of MSRP and shipping*) 25-36 months
Year 4 (Consumer pays 60% of MSRP and shipping*) 37-48 months
Year 5 (Consumer pays 70% of MSRP and shipping*) 49-60 months

MSRP is your purchase price!

Straight from our website. No Fine print here, I hate that stuff too!
http://www.hillcountryrods.com/warranty.php

Let me also clarify on some other things. Within 30days if you not happy, send it back. I will give you a full refund!
After that, we are like Craftsman tools. I don't care how you broke it (just not on purpose), just send it to me and get your replacement.

mobarclay

Reaction score
For what it's worth, If I were in the market right now I'd get one of HCR's 3wt 4 piece rods (I already have a 9' 5 wt. TFO rod that I like a lot). They sound outstanding and seems to be great deals too - I wouldn't hesitate to spent the extra $ on the warranty for what you'd pay for the rod.
Chris

HCR

Hill Country Rods
Reaction score
Only thing I could think of that was close to our great warranty! :)