Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default Re: GAS prices are FALLING!!

[QUOTE=BigCliff]And US automakers seem to think putting diesel engines in vehicles smaller than a Tahoe is a non-starter. I happen to think a smallish SUV or medium size sedan with a diesel engine that got about 40-45 mpg would sell like crazy right now.QUOTE]
    VW makes some little dieselers (Golf, Jetta, Passat, and about 400+ Tauregs) out there that get great mileage and cost less than some hybrids. I would have considered one of these last week when I bought a car but I just sold a '99 VW Eurovan and didn't want to pay for another VW that is REALLY expensive to own! I got another Subaru Forester - reliable, inexpensive and reasonable cost of ownership.
    Chris

2. Default Re: GAS prices are FALLING!!

I don't know about gas and oil, but on certain agricultural products we export more than enough to feed america, and buy what we need to replace what we have sold. I guess if we can turn a little money on a deal we always will export our goods to import others for less.

3. Default Re: GAS prices are FALLING!!

I think every sane person will agree that high gas prices do suck. But it could always get a lot worse. Gas in Europe has been over $5 a gallon for a while. Taxes, which in my overwhelmingly liberal state of Kalifornia that can't ever say no to a new way to tax thier constituents, are what really drives the cost of fuel. Not having a new refinery built in eons due to politicians caving into the insanely overzealous demands of the enviromental lobby does not help either. All of the worlds oil will do you no good if you can't refine it. Besides if oil companies are making such a profit why not dump all of your money into thier stock? They are a publicly traded commodity and you could join them in their cash induced euphoria.

4. Default Re: GAS prices are FALLING!!

If you think the prices suck in the good 'ol U,S of A, try being in Canada,I'm paying 1.25 per liter!! so that works out to 5.00 a gallon!!!And that's the lowest it's been in 9 months!

5. Default Re: GAS prices are FALLING!!

Quote Originally Posted by troutbum
    If you think the prices suck in the good 'ol U,S of A, try being in Canada,I'm paying 1.25 per liter!! so that works out to 5.00 a gallon!!!And that's the lowest it's been in 9 months!
    That blows. It just dropped another .10 a gallon here...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6. Default Re: GAS prices are FALLING!!

I noticed a station on the way home tonight that was $2.79 from the $2.97. Leave it to Utah to be a little slow. I love it here!
    Oh ya, I do own Chevron stock, so everyone buy Chevron.

Default Re: GAS prices are FALLING!!

Quote Originally Posted by STARMedic
    Someone explained to me once not long ago that we dont use the oil we discover, bring in and refine....that we use only foreign oil while the foreigners use our oil and gas.....Im not sure if this is correct and I pretend to know absolutely nothing about economics....I do know that day after day in the papers I see Oil companies posting record profits, new spots being opened up for exploration, and some of the largest oil discoveries in history being made.....Heck, I was on the Chevron Genesis project for quite a few years prior to becomming a Medic Rescue peon....Why is it that as one of the largest producers of oil/gas and one of the largest buyers markets for this same product, do we bear the burden of high prices...?LOL, back on topic gas here is falling as well....2.50 ish day to day...Bruce
    Actually most of the imported oil the U.S. gets is from.......Canada. Not the middle east. Some "foreign" oil. At least I own some Chevron stock.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

8. Default Re: GAS prices are FALLING!!

Mojo is correct. We get next to none of our oil from the middle east.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9. Default Re: GAS prices are FALLING!!

I was riding around with my buddy tonight, and he filled up for 2.21.

10. Default Re: GAS prices are FALLING!!

Quote Originally Posted by havoc
    I was riding around with my buddy tonight, and he filled up for 2.21.
    He must have a very small gas tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast