GAS prices are FALLING!!

MikeLove

Reaction score
We must have a gas war going on here..$2.48 a gallon so I went on a midweek fishing trip today...I cut back on my fishing trips this summer and fished close to home.. Now I am going to reach out at DRIVE AGAIN>>
p.s. I live in IDABEL, OK. Come on and fish the LMF and fill up..

Joni

Reaction score
Not trying to be a stick in the mud, but what do you bet they go up for Labor Day weekend. Kind of the calm before the storm.
Hope not cause I plan on traveling this weekend.

BigCliff

Reaction score
I think they were up for the summer due to speculators betting on a bad Hurrican season. Gas is down in dallas as well, but not like up there in broken bow/idabel. I always do fill up up there due to the low prices. Good to see that they are down, hopefully heating oil will be less expensive than last year for those that need it.

freeze69

Reaction score
Mike Love said:
We must have a gas war going on here..$2.48 a gallon so I went on a midweek fishing trip today...I cut back on my fishing trips this summer and fished close to home.. Now I am going to reach out at DRIVE AGAIN>>p.s. I live in IDABEL, OK. Come on and fish the LMF and fill up..
oh to see prices that low again. this morning on way home from work $2.77.

Roughrider

Reaction score
Dang, must be nice, I guess Aztec NM is too far away from anything to get a break on gas prices. I was in Albuquerque the other day and saw gas for $2.75, but still in the $3.05-$3.09 range up here. Come on guys, give us a break up here!

Joni

Reaction score
Dang! ours is still around $2.87 to $3.05. Haven't seen anything like you guys are. It is still outrageous in my opinion! We got all these oil rigs a PUMPIN' away up here.

havoc

Reaction score
gas is 2.45 in evansville. How is it that gas companies are posting record profits when they claim to be selling us gas at a rate comparable to what it takes to refine it?

Joni

Reaction score
havoc said:
gas is 2.45 in evansville. How is it that gas companies are posting record profits when they claim to be selling us gas at a rate comparable to what it takes to refine it?

The gas companies have been showing record breaking profits for years. One of the only companies that can say that and it sucks. They have got each and every one of us right where they want us.
I remember last year the price hitting $3.00+ around this same time (okay, they say Katrina), but I remember the sigh of relief when it went back down to $2.87. Come on! They knew what they were doing. And Bush just say's we need to buy Hybrids. I just bought my gas powered car, don't know about you, but I ain't ready to sell it at a loss to buy a hybrid.

havoc

Reaction score
What we need is a gas consumers union, a co-op for refining fuel. The people would get the crude, then refine it, and sell it less than the oil companies.

freeze69

Reaction score
there in the process of talking about building a new ethanol plant up here by me. don't know if that would help but it can't hurt.

BigCliff

Reaction score
Ethanol is better than nothing, but not by much. It takes more energy to create ethanol than it itself contains. http://www.energybulletin.net/5062.html This is like burning $30 worth of gas to go to and from a job that pays you $25/day. Only makes sense if you are getting a subsidy for doing that job, as is the case for Ethanol production.

Biodiesel, on the other hand contains much more energy than it takes to produce it, but no biodiesel lobby exists that has the power that the corn/ethanol lobby does. And US automakers seem to think putting diesel engines in vehicles smaller than a Tahoe is a non-starter. I happen to think a smallish SUV or medium size sedan with a diesel engine that got about 40-45 mpg would sell like crazy right now.

Here's some more info on the ethanol vs. biodiesel debate- http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/13/b...b40dd3557837a3&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

STARMedic

Reaction score
Someone explained to me once not long ago that we dont use the oil we discover, bring in and refine....that we use only foreign oil while the foreigners use our oil and gas.....Im not sure if this is correct and I pretend to know absolutely nothing about economics....I do know that day after day in the papers I see Oil companies posting record profits, new spots being opened up for exploration, and some of the largest oil discoveries in history being made.....Heck, I was on the Chevron Genesis project for quite a few years prior to becomming a Medic Rescue peon....

Why is it that as one of the largest producers of oil/gas and one of the largest buyers markets for this same product, do we bear the burden of high prices...?

LOL, back on topic gas here is falling as well....2.50 ish day to day...

Bruce