Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Thumbs up Re: ArmorAll for line cleaner?????

Excellent reads from top to bottom in this thread; gave it a '5 star' rating.

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Default Re: ArmorAll for line cleaner?????

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
    Google "303 Protectant". It's quickly replacing armorall on a lot of garage shelves: better UV protection, and doesn't leave a greasy film. I bought a Royalex canoe a few years ago, and all of the manufacturers recommend using 303 Protectant, and not armorall. When I googled 303, some car forums popped up, and those guys say that armorall attacks vinyl dashes pretty aggressively, but that 303 is dandy. It's a bit more expensive than armorall, and tougher to find (it's all they carry at the local boat shop, however), but I love the stuff.
    Frank,
    I found an Ace Hardware that sells this stuff. When I asked for it the sales person got all excited and asked me what kind of expensive care I owned... His jaw dropped when I told him I own a truck. He said the only people that buy this stuff use it on "classic cars and High end expensive Vets & Mercedes". The look on his face was priceless when I told him it was for my truck bed cover and fly lines.
    I will give it a try this weekend.

It's up to you all, but my experience with ArmorAll on anything synthetic besides my dashboard get's ruined. ArmorAll will dry rot tires and strip clear coating off a lot of things if left on.

Just a thought.

I have a cloth line cleaner I keep in my pack when I'm on a stream. Just add water from stream and/or from my water bottle and it activates the line cleaner. I believe there's four in a pack and they're reusable.

It appears that 303 is water soluable BUT its life can be stretched by a good buffing.
    I researched it because I have some in the garage that I use on my pontoon. I never thought to use it on fly lines and most likely still won't simply because I found stuff that works without question.
    I'm not trying to dissuade you from using it, just posting some info I dug up on it that might make it better for you.

Google

5. Default Re: ArmorAll for line cleaner?????

Years ago I used to use Black Magic Tire Wet. It seemed to work well. It took off a lot of dirt and left a slick coating. I didn't like ArmorAll, but I can't remember why.

Randy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12