New GLASS

Joni

Reaction score
Went to my first pawn shop last night (waiting for my TO GO dinner to get ready) and found a Fenwick 5' 3' 4/5 weight glass rod. Shook it a few times and thought, I can see where this will come in handy. The price was fair considering this looks like it has never been used, plus they don't make these anymore.
I brought it home and after eating dinner, I went out to cast it. Found that the DT 5 SYLK and the Triangle Taper 4wt worked the best on this little stick. I was picking up 50' of line to recast with ease! You do have to slow and WAIT on that back cast, moreso than with my 7' glass or even my boo, but WHAT A BLAST! :thumbup: :cool:

BigCliff

Reaction score
Sounds like a heck of a find that would work very well on some really tight streams. Might have to check a pawn shop or two myself.

Curtis

Reaction score
Would that happen to have been a pawn shop on about tenth and state? Was sitting in the window on the right of the door as you come in?

Joni

Reaction score
Curtis said:
Would that happen to have been a pawn shop on about tenth and state? Was sitting in the window on the right of the door as you come in?
That would be the one, why?

Joni

Reaction score
Hey Curtis, looking for a Fenwick 6' 4/5 wt. Any words?

Curtis

Reaction score
Joni said:
That would be the one, why?
It used to be mine. Needed some cash at one point. Thought a few times about getting it back but they wanted too much. Hope you got a great deal. Fun little stick.

BTW, don't have any hookup for the other rod your talking about. They are getting pretty rare now that they have been discontinued. Great collecting rods now.